What is the best profession of the opposite gender to date?

I just wonder what profession I should date, so that i still feel adequate in my masculinity but still allow her to do what she wants

y'all aren't answering the question, I don' need you preaching about what's "right" and "wrong". Just give me the professions

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry, but I find this "feeling adequate in my masculinity"-part rather ridiculous. It a way of "gendering" that is totally outdated. This whole idea of "men have to be good at x to be real men" and "women have to be good at y to be real women" is just so stupid. Why does it makes you less of a man if your girl is awesome at fixing cars or programming? Everyone has he or her talents and weak points. Why shouldn't people just do whatever they like regardless of this whole gender-rubbish? My girlfriend is really good with technology. She's the one who usually fixes our tv. She also tends to be better at building together furniture. Do you think that makes me a "bad man"? Why would it? I'm a normal guy, I just don't have a talent for these things. There are other things I can do that she can't. It's the same with jobs. If my girlfriend was a IT-expert, my first thought would be "cool! That means she can help me if I have a problem with my computer!" and not "ooooh what if that makes me a weak man?".

• Some girls still really want masculine men

• And I want to be masculine, and them feminine. Sorry if I'm a little conservative?

• There's nothing wrong with being conservative as such. I just can't see how these conservative views make any sense. Why is it "masculine" to repair a car and "feminine" to be a nurse? Is there something inherently "masculine" or "feminine" in these and other jobs? Isn't it just some stupid lie that our society kept telling itself for a very long time, like telling yourself it's "masculine" to, say, like CDs and "feminine" to like LPs? I get that girls want "typically manly" men but I can't see what's manly about doing certain things or liking certain things. To me, it seems like one of those stupid traditions that a lot of people follow for absolutely no good reason. Is it particularly masculine/feminine to ride a bike? No? Then why is it masculine to repair or build stuff except that society just randomly decided that these things are supposed to be considered "masculine". I find it sad that so many people don't reflect upon this stuff but just go with it without question it.

What Girls Said 3

• people like you should not be allowed to date

• There isn't best or worst. But there are certain professions I wld avoid dating

• are you really going to limit your choices based on their profession?

• Girls do the same

• @MyUsernameRules not all women do

• Not all women do but there are 100 times more women than men who do. I know this, you know this, and the asker knows this. I mean even after feminism achieving so much, there are still just as much money demanding men to be rich and going after money as there were when women were told to stay in the kitchen. I mean nowadays, so many women don't even know how to cook like in the old times but you rarely see men demanding women to be able to cook but there are tons of women who care about how much a man makes.

What Guys Said 5

• Her profession isn't important. As long as it leaves her enough time to spend with you and she enjoys it. It can be anything as long as it fulfills those 2 criteria in my opinion.

• Any job that in which she makes less money than you/has less status. You don't want a woman who is a lawyer (yuck!) when you are a truck driver. Or, no job at all.

• Being a hairdresser/bartender... people assume I make very little money.

Little do they know, I make more money than my brother who's an accountant. XD

Having a job that is required from getting a degree shouldn't define who you should date.

• Most jobs these days DO require a degree

• Service industry is a big money maker if you know where to find work. If I'm making a low of $300-500 from tips at the club per night and at the salon I have 55% commission per client+tips...

Either jobs is well over $50-60 an hour. :/ only reason why I have to jobs is to pay off my new house faster

• I don't give a f*** about her profession... If she is able to leave it for me (in certain circumstances), then i would let her continue with her profession.

PS:- the profession must not cheap things like prostitute, sweeper, bla bla bla

• Dancers. Can't lose.