Some girl I knew at school just passed away recently?

She was a very quiet girl that a lot of people used to pick on. She recently passed away aged 20 from cancer.

I can't imagine the pain and hurt her family is going through at this moment.

I saw a FaceBook post this girl added on our school wall and even though it sounds/feels heartfelt, she wasn't particularly a nice person to her.

A lot of the people who were sending their condolences were bullies too and spoke ill about her.

Why are they all now saying how sorry they are? Isn't that fake?

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats how people are. We never stop and appreciate someone or something until its gone for good. We say and do hurtful things to people a lot during our life, without any thought that, that person can be gone the very next day or better yet, the next hour. It's very common for people to feel remorseful for not paying more attention or not spending more time with someone who recently passed away.

I don't think their apologies are fake, if anything they're probably very heartfelt, because they were the ones that never got the chance to apologize for past wrongdoings and in my opinion that is a very heavy burden to carry around for the rest of your life.

What Girls Said 4

• That's what I wan to know too but what I'm thinking right now, is that they just want to show their fake kindness through the web, showing how sorry they were, so that the people who didn't know them wouldn't think ill or bad of them. I don't like these people, I don't like fakers, I dunno what they were thinking too and why they are doing this

• It sounds fake to you. But some people don't feel regret until there's no possibility to say sorry anymore.

• I guess they feel guilty because they feel somewhat responsible since they caused her even more distress emotionally.

• People can be sorry sometimes. People can change from childhood school days to adulthood. People can see the error in their ways. People can feel bad about what they've done.

Have you not seen bullies that after a person dies they continue the hateful comments on the memorial Facebook wall or whatever?

What Guys Said 7

• It is funny how people will change when something tragic happens to someone they didn't particularly like. Plus maybe she is just trying to fit in with the rest of the crowd that is leaving messages on the wall of the girl that passed away. Is it fake maybe, but it is a fairly big shock when someone your age dies suddenly. Maybe she actually feels bad

• I hope she feels bad. She should feel bad.

• Social good manners = hypocrisy.

• What matters is not how fake they are now, but how important it is to be respectful and humble when it counts.

• People usually regret things in the very end

• People realizing they've been doing wrong too late, or just being there... for nothing. I don't know
    I don't get humanity

• death is death.

those bullies were posers.

• it could be fake or maybe they didn't want her to die