At what age did you get your first job?

Also, where did you work/what job did you have as your first job? If you've never had a job, when do you plan on getting your first job?

I was 15 years old when I got my first job, which was at a local McDonald's here. I worked as a "Crew Member", which including cooking, preparing food, mopping floors, customer service, washing dishes, etc. I had quit when I was 16 years old because I was only working two days a week (on Saturday and Sundays.) Since then, I had to work at another loca McDonald's when I was 21 to 22 years old (I was desperate for a job.)

• Under 15 years old
  • 15-18 years old
  • 19-22 years old
  • 23-26 years old
  • 27-30 years old
  • Over 30 years old
  • I've never had a job before
@AlexanderM You gave the most through response, answered every part of my question and I thought it was very interesting you started working at seven years old. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was seven when I started to help my dad cut grass, that word for about a year. Then I moved to basic lawn work as well as a mechanic assistant. My first part time job was she. I was sixteen, helping at a military boot camp. Now my first full time job is working in the Army.

• Worked**
      When**

• Seven years old! Wow! Well, it was under your dad's permission, so that makes sense. I couldn't imagine working that young.

• Yeah, I know, long time. But I grow up on a ranch, work is the kind of thing I got use too. But yeah, seven was when I was doing work and getting paid.

What Girls Said 10

• i was 17.. and it was not as job cuz it was an NGO for orphans.. and i refused to get paid.. i just loved the time i spent with those kids.. :)

• 18. Parents wouldn't let me get a job in school. Still at the same job and will be 23 in a month and 8 days. Retail.

• They probably wouldn't let you get a job in school because they were afraid it would interfere with your academic work, right? I see their point of view but I was able to work AND graduate from high school with a 3.4 GPA.

Where at do you do retail work?

• 👌👌👌

• @linkywinky So they were afraid you would then be a "D" or "F" average student, right? I see their point. Oh well.

I would like to work in a pet supplies place!

• at the age of 18

• I was 17 at a local fast food place I was a cashier

• That sounds like my job lol.

I used to close myself and I concur, it SUCKS.

• Omgee my first time closing was horrible, I was told we'd be done at 12, told my brother ro come pick me up, he left me, I didn't get out from closing until 5 am I was in tears nobody would help me of the other 2, had no idea what I was doing, called my boyfriend who came and picked me up he was pissed not at me but situation.

• I was 15 too. It was at Baskin Robbins. Good times 🍦

• Wow, that sounds like fun. How long did you work there?

• Haha he must! I even did the line dancing lol

• I love the line dancing! Texas Roadhouse always has the best food too.

• I was 18. First job was a nurse tech at a nursing home

• I was 17. It was at Target.

• 17 and it was a job in a bakery lol

• I never had a job

• I'm not judging you or anything but why haven't you had a job yet?

• That sounds good! Volunteering is nice.

• yeah I just don't know ill volunteer for yet

• At least 15-10

• Was "10" the name of the place you worked? Or do you mean you got your first job between 10-15 years old? I'm confused.

What Guys Said 9

• I was 20 when I got my first job. animal hospital. professional pet petter :P

• Do you still work there? That sounds fun lol.

• it wasn't anything close to a stable job, it was more of a high school job.

• Right, that's understandable. It's very tough to find a stable job these days.

• 19... shitty... shtty job

• I was 15, almost 16.

• Where did you work at? I was also almost 16 when I first stated. It was only three weeks before my 16th birthday.

• Awesome! Do you still work there?

• No, I worked there for 1 year and a half. Then I worked somewhere else and worked there again for an year. I'm not there anymore currently.

• Exactly 15. I worked at a Haunted House lol. Ran around and scared people hahah.

• That sounds like so much fun. And when you say EXACTLY, does that mean you started your first job on your birthday?

• I shouldn't have put exactly, it was like a month or 2 after my 15th Bday.

• I got my first job at 17 working as a people greeter at Wally World.

• Paper route age 8.

• I was 19, I worked at Disneyland for 3 months as a busser/steward.

• First 2 jobs at 14

• I was 15 and it was doing retail when I started working. Shortly after I got emancipated and moved out of the house.

• Well I had no other choice my mom was a good for nothing that used to beat me. Yet, everything ended up working for the best; gained experienced, went and got a higher education and for my own peace and sanity I ended up forgiving her and went forward with my life.

• Awesome ending!