Why do guys even bother to make eye contact and stare every time they see you, when they don't want to take it further or approach you?

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't know what to say, or what is socially acceptable to say, so they don't say anything. Simple.

• Even if he is in his 30s and very confident?

• Then he just doesn't want to take it further with someone who's barely past being a minor.

• 24 years old is not a minor. Lol

What Guys Said 12

• Because they are shy, being shy just means they lack social skills in this specific situation. It is not a reflection on you or their level of attraction to you. Go up to them start a conversation, just be friendly, and cool and put them at ease :)

• Even when he is in his 30s?

• Approach him. Start a conversation, just be friendly, like you enjoy spending time with him. There may be long pauses in the conversation, don't get anxious. Often times shy guys are judged if they are not the life of the party and if you get anxious he will think you are judging him. Flirt with him a little, just remember you enjoy spending time with HIM.

If he is really shy he may not be able to pick up that you like him, or may be overwhelmed and not know what to do if he does. If you want something to happen in that case you need to make the first move and ask him out.

• Thank you for your help. I will try :)

• guess they r shy maybe?

• "Why do guys even bother to make eye contact and stare every time they see you, when they don't want to take it further or approach you?"

They are giving you messages that they are approachable.
    Go there and buy them a drink :)

Equality !

• What if its at a social gathering?

• What if I want him to approach me?

• It's nice that you want :)

• Freedom in America!

• Because women are scary!!

• Because shy guys like me, you know.

• Let me explain a little bit more. When I stare at a girl, I really want to approach her, but I just can't. I get nervous beyond the normal levels a person can stand. A few times I tried to approach, and I must've looked really awkward, because I was shaking and the words wouldn't come out the way I wanted them to. Usually, with those guys, it's safer to just approach them yourself than to expect them to approach you. The latter is very unlikely to happen, especially if they like you a lot. Also don't think they aren't interested if they are too quiet or unresponsive the first time. That also happened to me. It's just nerves, though I know I can come out as rude when I behave like that.

• Awww Thank you for the explanation, its very helpful :)

• You're welcome :)

• The same reason women do. Stop complaining unless you're gonna make a move too.

• Because they don't know you're interested

• Omfg, same question back at you. Why is it on the guy to approach?

• Because he is older, in his 30s.

• That's no excuse. Why would that have anything to do with it?

• Retards tend to just sit there and stare, you can't blame them for being spasticated.

• Read this, it should give you an idea of the problem:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a10374-why-people-don-t-talk-anymore

• Stretch frothy Hillary Edward

What Girls Said 4

• because they are shy?
    because they are hoping you will approach them?
    because you don't look approachable?
    because they are afraid of rejection?
    because they are already with someone but find you stunning?
    because they don't want you to start yelling and create a scene?
    because you're too pretty and they don't think they stand a chance of you paying them the time of day?

I can keep going? The bigger question is if you notice him noticing you, why don't you just go talk to him?

• Because he is in his 30s.

• He is a very confident guy.

• well then probably because he thinks you're cute, but also thinks you might be a smidge too young for him.

• Maybe they're shy or not sure if you feel the same way? Maybe they just like how you look but don't like your personality.

• he;s playing games.

• Why do you think that?

• Those men who don't approach are wussie.