I applied for a job online last week. I missed a phone call from them, but no voicemail was left?

I called twice, and was told each time that the hiring manager was either on the phone or on lunch break, but that she would call back. That was yesterday, and I still haven't heard from her. Should I call again or just leave it in her court? I really want this job, but I don't want to harass them.

Thanks everyone, but they weren't considering me after all. I finally got an email (a day after they told me I should have received it).

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to echo what a couple of other people have said here - go to the office/place of business in a couple of days, and when you're at the reception desk (or just speaking to an employee that you see), just be firm and say that you'd like to speak with *manager's name* as soon as possible. If they really are busy or not in the office, ask them to set up a meeting or even a scheduled phone call. It would be better to see her in person though as that puts her in the hot seat. If the manager has a secretary, see if you can leave a message with them.

• It turns out they weren't considering me after all. I can only assume that she was brushing me off by pretending to be busy. I called yesterday and was told by the floor associate that I should have received an email. I received that one today. I just don't know why I received a phone call in the first place.

• Oh that's too bad. It sucks that she wasn't more direct with you.

• Yeah :(

She was supposed to be going home at 3 pm, yet at 2:30, she was on her lunch break? ... O_o

What Girls Said 4

• call back and apologize for missing her call. Or if possible, stop in at where the job is and ask to speak to the hiring manager in person. When you are job hunting, you have to come across as sort of obsessive to prove that you are serious about the job, and aren't going to flake out. They aren't going to fight to have you work for them when you haven't proven yourself yet.

• You already called twice, so if I were you, I'd send an email saying you have missed their call and wasn't able to get through.

If they have half a brain, they'd understand that you can't sit waiting all day for a phone call and that they are probably calling during your current job's working hours and offer to reschedule the call for a different time.

• Well, that wasn't very professional of them. Hey, you never know, you may have dodged a bullet with that place. :|

• Damnit, I did this but I did get a voicemail which only appeared on my phone two weeks later! I was mortified, but I called back and still got an interview!

Call back and send an email explaining that you've called back but each time he has been busy, that you don't wish to harass them but you are incredibly keen on this job and don't want to miss out. Be super eager but don't call ten times a day, the will get peed off... Ha! Best of luck with it lovely.

• Thanks... I'm back to the drawing board again xD

• Oh boo, I am so sorry to hear that. Obviously wasn't the right job, keep hunting my friend :)

• Calling shows your eagerness.

What Guys Said 2

• better call back... u should hear wot they have 2 telll

• Maybe go there at a time that is not busy for them.