What exactly is Snapchat and why do you use it?

Thanks!

Thank you for all the explanations!

Most Helpful Guy

• Snapchat is an app for mobile devices in which the user can send pictures, or short videos to each-other. Once the picture/video has been viewed by the person it cannot be seen again. Unless, you do a replay which you can do once per day.

You have 'stories' in which you can take pictures/videos, apply text and emojis. These are then posted to your story in which all of the people you have added can see it. You can watch it over and over, once 24 has past from when it posted it goes. It is free, but does require an internet connection.

• Don't be fooled!!

• You can run Snapchat on an Android emulator on a PC. Screen grabs and video grabs can be done without knowledge of sender. Pics, especially naughty ones, can end up anywhere. You are at the mercy of the receiver!!

• Well, I don't send naughty pics. So all's good dude! ^.^

What Guys Said 11

• It's a fun way to send friends pictures. They can only see it for 1-10 seconds. And you can add text or draw on it. It's just a really quick way to send a picture (usually something funny)

• its a dumb way of communicating, I actually see its only value in easy sexting. other than that I hardly check it these days.

• I met one of the app designers before launch, and he explained it as basically the first "safe" sexting photo app.
    But they had to market it as a general photo sharing/storage free way to share experiences & images.

I use it to send funny stuff to friends, and the occasional nsfw pic exchange with my GF!

• Never heard of it before I joined here - One of the younsters will tell you.

• I heard my nephew talking about it and he said lots of people use it. From what I'm reading here I'll probably pass on trying it. Lol

• Wise lady!! Kudos!!

• Picture swapping. Quite often naughty pics. Just be careful. Don't send any naughty pics to anyone. Once you've sent them you will have NO control over what happens to them and where the end up.

• a way 2 waste yer time :p

hahaa some IM like MSN actually

• I looooove Snapchat I use it more than FB. It's fun to just snap things to friends/your board throughout the day. Food, random things you see, gym selfies, etc. You can save pix/vids you like to your phone too.

• Never heard of it.

• Me either till a couple of days ago! Lol ( my age probably lol )

• I wish we could go back to the beepers again. Maybe beepers with a little text message and nothing more. People are just beyond spoiled these days.

• no, texting involves keying, so never mind.

• I don't use it.

• its this place that lets you send nudes and it'll delete em in 10 sec or less

• I have no idea, it's for the kids!

What Girls Said 2

• An app that mainly allows the user to take a photo with their front or back camera and send it to a contact on their snapchat friends list. You can draw on the photo or add some text or add some filters. It's an easy way to show someone something. There is a timer on the photo at the bottom that the person sets and thats how long the other that sees the photo will see it for. Once that time runs out, the photo is gone forever unless the person who received the photo took a screenshot, in which case it tells the person who sent the photo.

As a new addition, snapchat has also began a new thing where if you slide to the left on a person names, it opens up a chat box where one can type more if needed. Here, one can send a photo that was taken before to the other person or even "facetime" someone.

Also, snapchat has added a slide where a person has several known news companies can share news, shocking videos, fashion, food, etcetc. I find it enjoyable to do while bored. This is called a "story".

A story is mainly when the user takes a photo and sends it to the "My story" option. This allows for all the friends on the users contact list to see this photo or video for 24hours. Afterwards, it disappears.

^-^ thats the jest of it!

• you can send pictures/videos/text to people and after the person has opened them they disappear unless they screenshot, I use it just to watch people stories

• Interesting, like a moment in their life in a picture. Thanks.