If an item is --- in Euros, how do I know what bills/coins in my hand to give? Basically, how do you read European currency?

For example, I'm worried I won't be able to give the right amount of Euros to a shopkeeper or a taxi driver since I'm not used to reading European currency.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• It's easy.
    100 (euro) cent = 1 euro
    So if they ask for 1,45 euro, they want 1 euro and 45 cent.
    From then on it's just about looking at what the coins say, and do the math.

oh, and unlike americans, Europe INCLUDE taxes in their prizes. S oyou pay what the prize tag says.

• you have to learn how to convert currency in your head or download an app on your phone.

• The exchanging of the bills and coins though lol. I can't read one bill from the next.

• I think she's talking about actually counting out the money. I think the denominations are different as its not dollars and cents like here.

• @musicbrain5 oh I see. well bottom line, its just counting, once the value is learned it should be easy.

• there's a converter no?

• But like on the spot exchanging money. I have no idea how to go about that.

• I don't want to be taken advantage of..

• anyway...

1 U. S. dollar =
      0.915511977 Euros

• can you read numbers? it says on each coin or bill... so just read the number. one € is about 1,01 $, so pretty much the same.

What Girls Said 5

• They have the actual numeral values on them and aren't hard to read at all. You can google "how to read euros" and be fine. I'm sure there's an entire Wikipedia article on it.

• They're different colours and sizes. Also, what they're worth is printed right on them. Treat them the same as any other currency.

• You need to carry a scale with you at all time.. you need to weigh the coins and bills to get the right amount. ^^

If you're too lazy for that.. there are numbers on them -.-

• With the little numbers on the bills and coins?

• Well they say numbers on them like all the other currency...