How can I stop wanting things everyone else has?

I look at people's lives and I have always been someone who has wanted what they have. It can be from body, height, relationship, money, life, etc. I'm starting to get tired this but I notice I still subconsciously do it. How can I stop?

Most Helpful Guy

• hahhah just b happy wid wot u have :)

What Guys Said 3

• Bullshit. People here think that just words can't change things. Go talk to a psychologist. This is how I helped myself and gained confidence.

• You are against someone giving you just words but seen a psychologist? Lol ok because they don't do that :p

• No but a couple of words in person will have much more effect than just a wanker on the internet.

• Yeah I'd rather not pay for something simple like this but thanks for the advice

• So you want the lives of little African homeless kids who haven't had water in months?

• Unfortunately you are influenced by too much of what you see on television. Not saying there aren't starving African children but my city has a large African population. I've asked coworkers who were born and raised over there and now living here to say what tv portrays aren't even true. They even refuse to bring their children here. Says a lot about america eh

• I was able to stop wanting these things after I found something that I'm really into. I think you just need a big enough distraction, something to be able to point to and know that it's what you love most in your life.

If you want to know what it was for me, it was a few anime shows that really inspired me to finally care more about life.

What Girls Said 2

• Learn to be happy with what YOU have!

• By being secure in yourself and accepting that what you have is fine.