Caitlyn/ Bruce Jenner reactions?

What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Better late than never. Good for her.

What bothers me is that people are trying way too hard to be seen as progressive. All I've been hearing since they released that magazine cover is "oh my god Caitlyn is such a goddess!!" "If you don't think Caitlyn is gorgeous, you can fuck off!" "Caitlyn is way prettier than most females" shut up. You didn't give a shit about Bruce or any of the Kardashians until a month ago so don't pretend you do now just because you're so "lgbt friendly"!! No one will be talking about this in a month. That's how it always works.

What Girls Said 19

• It's awesome. I've been able to really whittle down my FB friends :)

I'm glad she's happy as healthy. Those are the most important things.

• -Moves on with life-

He can do whatever he wants.

I don't find him attractive as a female @ all.

• She's a she. And her worth as a person is in no way determined by how attractive you may find her, so I don't see why you think that's at all relevant.

• They asked what do you think, yes. That's not an invitation for you to comment unbidden on another person's appearance. Look, you have the right to say whatever you want, but it doesn't make you any less rude for doing so.

• Doesn't change the fact that you are rude for telling other people how to word their answers or how to respond. If I were you I'd spend less time doing so and practicing what I preach.
      End of discussion.

• She can do whatever makes her happy. I think it's great that she's coming out and made a doco about her journey of becoming who she wants to be, it'll certainly help a lot of other transgender/transsexual in the world

• hot hot hot

• I think that she can do whatever she wants.
    She looks happy, gorgeous, and has a radiance about her :)

you go girl~

• I think it can't be easy going through what Bruce Jenner is going through. Can't imagine being stuck in a body I don't identify with. Hopefully he's becoming the person he feels he is on the outside as well as the inside.

I don't know who Caitlyn is.

• Caitlyn is Bruce's new name now that he is female

• Oh, in that case, good for her!

• This is the fourth question about him I've seen in couple of hours. O_O

• I loooooove it!!! It makes me happy to see someone comfortable in their own skin. More power to her!

• She looks good especially for a 65 year old trans woman

• I don't care. I mean, I'm glad she's living her life the way she wants now, but I don't really care.

• I'm happy for her. She can finally be herself.

• Not bad looking but woah...

• She's not ugly, she actually looks quite nice

• I still see a man... With lots of lipstick... Less wrinkles... And big boobs.

On the show, he said he wasn't clipping off his dick. But Im looking at this picture like where is it?

• I personally believe that it's for publicity (like everything with the Kardashian family). Like any situation like this, I am both annoyed at the people who care enough to bash Jenner and annoyed at the people who bash people and scream "HOMOPHOBIC/TRANSPHOBIC" just because someone refers to him/her as a "he" or isn't completely supportive of it. As long as someone isn't being insulting or antagonistic, they don't have to share your view. Believe it or not, it is actually difficult for many people to accept that someone who was once a man is a woman and of course it is probably very confusing to them. Bullying people into sharing your view doesn't help. (In general, not towards you Asker)

• It absolutely is transphobic to not respect a transgender person's gender identity. That's basically the definition of transphobia. Yeah, some people have been taught to have transphobic views, but that doesn't mean they're not transphobic.

• @cipher42 I completely disagree (as does the definition of transphobia), but I have absolutely no desire to get into this nor speak with you about this issue (or any issue).

• Im confused about what is going on with that. Can somebody please explain to me whats up with Bruce Jenner? Did he get an operation of somekind because i really do not know and isn't he married to the kardashians mom or what? Please tell me whats going on.

• He got a series of operations done and is now a woman, ie he got his penis cut off and they made him boobs and a vigina

• oh now i understand thanks for telling me

• Plain weird

• don't care moving along

• Good for him/her!

What Guys Said 21

• I think the transition has gone fairly well given how late she started. Not the greatest-looking, but not bad.

Generally, female->male goes better than male->female given the nature of the two, and the fact that the male gender is more of a modified female than the reverse. So at any point a female can become a male, but the reverse is harder to achieve.

Other than that, I mean, I think it's something we should get used to not freaking out about. I may feel uncomfortable around it, but I don't consider it blasphemous or whatever. If it seems odd to us, imagine how terrible it must be to feel so out of place in your own body that you have a huge, life-changing procedure to get your outside to match your inside. Heavy stuff, that is.

• Whatever a person wants to do in their personal life is their own business.

I think that if they want us to respect their choices though, they respect our choices on whether or not we want to be with someone who is a genuine woman versus someone who used to be (and still is genetically) a man.

The power of choice is a right people should have in living and it goes both ways. A man should still be able to given the choice of being with a genuine woman, or be informed that someone used to be a man and let us choose if we want that or not. By not letting a man know about this, you're taking away his power of choice. The inverse of this is trying to take away a woman's power of choice - an entire society of us would be all up in arms about that. We can't let that be acceptable to women just as much as to men.

• He should seek mental help. As it stands I believe. The psychiatric community views this as a mental illness.

• Actually after hearing about this i looked up that exactly it turns out that to have surgery done you have to go through exstensive phsyc evaluations to determine that you actually have this sort of mental illness. The only "cure" for this is to have a sex change

• Yeah its weird its fucked up. My nephew says he's a girl but he's only four and I just I don't know what I do. I treat him like a boy because he is a boy but man. Time will tell. I just hope he doesn't hate me on the other side. Like when should we start the process. I took several classes in college and know that these people commit suicide at far higher rates.

• Its just a shit buffet for all.

• First of all, good for her. It's a very brave thing to do/decide.

Secondly though, I really couldn't give a shit.

• Bad deal thats what I think

• Don't give a damn. Live life Jenner

• Live and let live. Not my business, never was, never should be.

• Wasn't Jenner that bloke who invented vaccinations from cow pox?

• No he was a US olympic track star and father some of the kardashians

• Bollocks, that K name I can't spell again. Who're they?

• I just can't wait until this is no longer news

Shit gets old...

• Good for her. I could really care less.

• Don't care about it, it's her choice.

• He can do whatever his heart desires, but it won't stop me from calling him Bruce and a man.

• You can do whatever you want, won't stop me from thinking (and calling) you a transphobic ass for doing so.

• Definition of transphobia: intense dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people.

Hint: DISLIKE and PREJUDICE.

Nothing to do with fear such as Arachnophobia or Hydrophobia.

P. S cut your hair, you're starting to make me think your a lass too ;)

• Well why isn't it called transprejudice? The media uses the words like homophobe and transphobe to mean hatred but I don't see people fearing. People are going to hate whether you like it or not. But misusing words doesn't make you look smart it just makes you look like a sensitive twat.

• Well it's America. You can do whatever you want ad long as it's hurting nobdy :3

• Good for her, she's very beautiful and she is a confident woman now.

• Good for her for being true to herself

• should I really care

• I don't care. He can do whatever the hell he wants.

• It kind of annoys me. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against transgenders but why is what happens in your life more important or noteworthy than that of anyone else? Whatever you want to do, have it but stop trying to make it a public spectacle.

• the pics almost made me throw up

• Whooooooo?

• I think I wouldn't piss on these people if they were on fire.