How many languages do you speak and how many would you like to learn?

Simple question.

I speak English and Spanish, I'm learning French.

I would like to learn more than 5:

Russian
German
Mandarin
Hindi
Italian
Portuguese

Most Helpful Guy

• I speak Swiss, German, English , French and currently learning Korean because my girlfriend is Korean. I've also studied Latin in university because knowledge of Latin is mandatory for students of liberal arts subjects in my country. And I've also attended a Swedish class for half a year but it was too expensive, so I had to quit it.

I would love to improve my Swedish, become fluent at Korean and learn Norwegian, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Japanese, and maybe something super exotic like Swahili :-). In other words: I still have loooots of work to do :-).

• Me too! My biggest goal right now is to become a polyglot. If I could, I'd like to learn all the languages in the world. Some are so amazing. I love learning new things, so yeah, why not? I want to try with every single one that I have the chance with.

• Haha, no I didn't mean MY IQ is 160 (that be awesome), I meant to say that in that case I would be crazy smart and probably able to learn 20 or 30 languages... but unfortunately I'm also just average ;-). But 5 languages sound like a realistic and cool goal! And I would definitely try German if you are interested in it. You might actually find it easier than French and Portguese because our languages (German and English) belong to the same language family (west Germanic languages). German has more grammatical cases and nouns have genders, which can be very difficult and confusing to foreigners but things like the word order or the semantics or even the words themselves are much more similar in German. Especially when you learn very simple German you will get excited about how similar the words sound (eat-essen, sleep-schlafen, drink-trinken, blue-blau, green-grün etc. or even exactly the same: baby-baby, arm-Arm, bank-Bank, warm-warm, wolf-Wolf, hunger-Hunger etc.)

• Oh, I thought you were super smart, I was like, "oh gosh, he's so cocky" haha jk.
      I am mexican, therefore my mother language is Spanish, so I guess for me Portuguese (Brazilian) and Italian would be easier. After that I'd like to learn German, because I think it's becoming more important nowadays, besides I really like it :)
      5 languages is my goal by now, but when I'm around 25 I hope I know 10. Since I'm not good at math I want to push myself to the limit with languages.

What Guys Said 14

• I speak
    Dutch
    French
    English
    German (don't write it)
    And enough Italian for simple conversations. (don't write it)
    I read Spanish, understand it if it's not in dialect.
    I'm able to translate classic Latin (Caesar, Horace)

• I would like to learn Latin, it sounds so great for me.

• Even English: 60% of English vocabulary is of Latin-Romance origin.

• Wow, something I didn't know. I learned something new today :)

• I speak 3 languages. Arabic, English and German.
    Ich spreche 3 Sprachen. Arabisch, Englisch und Deutsch
    انا بحكي ٣ لغات، عربي وإنجليزي وألماني

I wrote the same sentence in the 3 languages :)

• I would like to learn Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Swedish, Greek, Mandarin and of course German because I'm still a beginner.

• C'est magnifique!

I want to be a polyglot :) I love learning new things. French, Italian, Russian and German are in my list too!

PD: El Español es difícil, pero es un lindo idioma :)

• That's cool.

• I know English and German at the same level

• Woher kommst du?

• I'm actually moving to Germany within this August.

• I wish you lots of luck in this country. I'm trying to move to the UK though. I'm fed up with Germany and the Germans. The sky is always gray because people here are so negative

• I only speak English . I'd love to learn Spanish, French, then Germany. After that, whatever the world has to offer. I'd love to learn different languages, I feel its a great way to learn about culture as well.

• It is for sure! Culture and languages are just one. I could say that my passion is to learn :)

• The reason there was a British Empire was an fangled attempt by the British to make everyone speak English , so we didn't have to shout so loud at customs. Mind, I have enough trouble speaking the one language.

• I speak only English and Internet.

• I speak: Greek, Swedish, English and Italian
    I've also studied French in high school.
    I'd like to learn: Dutch, Russian and German

• I like Swedish, but I don't think I really need to learn it, I would do it once I've learned the ones I want.
      French is amazing, isn't it? I love it XD My father doesn't like it though.

I WANNA LEARN RUSSIAN, it's so damn cool, and call me crazy, but I think it's also sexy.
      German is in my list too! :)

• French is amazing but is so hard to learn and impossible to pronounce

• Well, I think I have more problems with the grammar than the pronunciation.

• I can only speak English . :(

But I would like to learn Spanish and French.

• I can speak 3.. I can also basically speak and understand 2 more languages. I'm fine with just 3.

• only speak English . id love to learn mandarin

• I speak American English , and Spanish. I would like to learn French and Japanese.

• English y espanol un poco

i wanna learn hindi and mandarin.

• I know Turkish and English . I wanna learn Chinese, Russian, and German

• about 10 languages

What Girls Said 12