Why are people trying to normalize things such as transgenderism?

Not a troll question here, please try to give a logical opinion. I recently learned that Bruce Jenner has come out as Caitlyn Jenner and posed as a woman on a magazine, and people are using feminine pronouns when they refer to him now. I don't have anything against Bruce or any other transgender person for that matter. The interview he gave discussing his gender identity was very emotional and I could sympathize even though I'm not in that situation. But to accept a man getting boobs and posing as a woman as if it is NORMAL? I don't understand.

I know he can't help feeling that way, but he can NEVER be a woman as he simply wasn't born as one. No amount of boobs or getting your dick removed can make you any more of a woman than you were before. The whole situation is simply odd, and it's not hateful to make that simple statement. To call a man a woman for the sake of political correctness seems very ridiculous to me. I'm interested in seeing your reasons for feeling otherwise (or the same).

Most Helpful Guy

• Chromosomes make you man or woman nothing can change that. Nature is nature. But I agree he will never be a woman regardless of all the processes he goes through. It is his life and he must be struggling with it. I am not going to judge because it's not my right to.

• No. Chromosomes are in no way, shape, or form the be-all end-all of gender or sex. Gender is a societal construct in the first place, so you're wrong there to begin with. But even sex is WAY more complicated than just two categories, where males have XY chromosomes and females have XX. Don't cite science you don't actually understand. Here, article on that: http://www.nature.com/news/sex-redefined-1.16943

• @dudeman: excuse me if I don't give a single shit about the opinion of someone who merely insults me. Also, you do realize you're telling me to calm down about the fact that this sort of bigotry is quite literally killing people? I suggest you take a long, hard look at your values, as I think you need to reevaluate.

• @cipher42 the concept of up and down is a societal thing, it in no way, shape or form is the end-all be-all of the direction the sky is in or the direction the ground is in. Cite me ONE scientific study where it shows the direction "up" is the direction the sky is in, I guarantee you can't because this claim is not backed up by science.

THAT is what you sound like, YOU ARE CRAZY.

What Guys Said 27

• Because you gain a lot of self-righteous egoism by doing so. People don't ACTUALLY care about things like transgendered people, only the idea of supporting them.

Like tweeting #BlackLivesMatter while purposely moving as far away from black neighborhoods as possible. Or telling people to protect the environment when they drive a 1980's car.

So, everyone's supporting Brucelyn not because they actually think you can swap genders or because they really think being trans is okay, it's because it makes them look and feel good or sticking up for the minority. Also, he/she is still at a much higher status than 99% of people, so any love/hate he/she receives won't matter anyways because Brucelyn will still do better than the "normal" folk.

• I've never thought of it that way but makes a lot of sense. Too bad I can't choose more than one MH.

• Why are you condemning people for "fake caring" about these issues while simultaneously showing a complete lack of respect for transgender people? In my eyes, someone who at least pretends to care and thereby at least spreads awareness and support is still better than someone who just doesn't care about the issues and says things actively disrespecting them.

• Its a free world, people should be allowed to express the way they feel. Your saying this transgender thing in not normal? but if you look at people in general in this world and what they are doing, I think its normal.

I think people should be able to be who they want, and do what they want, as long as it is doesn't affect other people and hurt other people. If they are happy living that life, and its not affecting you. Its really none of your business.

If your actions involve hurting or killing another human being. then yes you should be stop, and be removed from society.

• If you actually take some time to think about it, you will quickly find out that it is some really heavy stuff to deal with. It's one of those things where if you are not going through it yourself, you can only get a basic understanding of what its like.

I'm glad the media is doing and people really need to be more accepting. I have a couple friends who are transgender and I had no idea how hard it is to be transgender before meeting them. Imagine looking in the mirror every morning and having to deal with the fact that the person looking back at you, isn't the real you.

• Get used to it, things are only going to get crazier and crazier as we careen out of control into a world where up is down and water isn't wet because it's water, it's wet for some other reason the progressives dictate.

• It's all about control. They want to destroy the nuclear family because a strong family doesn't need the state. One of the ways they attack it is by destroying gender roles and the idea of man and woman. Feminism has succeeded in convincing women that being a stay at home Mother is slavery, that making as much money as men is more important than family or as they often say "just being a baby making machine". They do the same with sexuality, notice how the LGBT thing has an extra letter added to it every time you see it and now its some confusing thing like LGBTDHEHEIDFBRLSNAP. Idiots just go along with it and call anybody who disagrees a bigot, falsely believing that it's all about equality and tolerance, not realising the real agenda behind it. It's obvious that if you think you're something you're not, you're mentally ill. I don't care what biased scientific bullshit studies say, it's just common sense. What is this world coming to...

• It may be accepted but it's certainly not normal and never will be at least to me.

• I just believe in live and let live - If Bruce Jenner feels she is a woman why not let her do what she wants - What harm?

• I guess I'm just not okay with people and the media bullying people into accepting it as something that is normal.

• Here is the thing. What you are witnessing is a attempted transformation from a free country to a communist one and in order for them to do that they need to remove all references to God and Christianity just as they have done in all the other communist countries. The reason for that is in order to get communism to work society must be totally dependent on the gov and no one or anything else and so far it's working for them very well you can tell just be reading comment on gag that morals have taken the backseat. They advocating the communist way if communism succeeds they are in for a rude awakening the day it happens. Lost freedom means nothing until one figures out it was his own he or she lost.

• It may be hard for you to comprehend, but you do realize society isn't as black and white as it's made out to be, right?

You really think in this massive universe. Humans are supposed to go to high school, college, have a heterosexual marriage, have kids, then die?

You can't understand because you've been conditioned for your entire life to follow one path of life by a few million people in a developed country. And because that society in general is built on ignorance and intolerance, you think it's normal to be anything but the standard drone.

Don;t you think if humans and societies were so black and white, all 7 billion plus of us would be the same, right now?

• I love how you just threw a whole bunch of words in my mouth that never came out of it.

• I would do it simply out of respect for her. It makes her feel good to be referred to as a woman so I'd do it. It's part of being a decent human being in my opinion. I mean if everyone started referring to you as a man and you feel like a woman wouldn't that bother you? I think of it as common courtesy.

• i think people put uncommon things or situations under open-minded prospective like considering prositution a career or extreme nudity as a personal freedom... really? you can call people against certain matters old fashioned but can't say it's civilized or good for society.

• It is done to sissify a nation. Those with lack of balls and will are easier to control.

• I feel ya :O
    People on Facebook got pissed at me for still calling him a him
    Like I don't care what operations he gets he's still a dude to me and I'm not even trying to be rude.. maybe a little bit of trolling but it's whatever

• Yeah they should be getting pissed. Whatever your personal views may be, how much harm does it actually do you to at least respect another human being? Seriously?

• Lmao what? You're doing it again, you're blowing this out of proportion.
      Adding to the oppression? Because a few feelings were hurt?
      Tell me, how bad are they treated?
      "Ideals such as yours are literally getting people killed. We're talking actual, literal loss of human life here." Me not calling him a her is killing people?
      "If you can understand that and still continue on doing what you're doing, I think you need to seriously reevaluate your life."
      Lol are you serious?

• its the feminist agenda. they want these things to happen things that systematically destroy our society so when the countries that hate us finally decide to strike they won't have much resistance because we will be filled with purposely disfigured people, the obese, cowards, and people that learned to hate their country because it was always against them.

• it's acceptable... so... :|

• I agree. It's not normal. I mean I don't care - whatever makes you happy as long as you're not hurting anyone, but getting your dick cut off then calling yourself a woman doesn't mean you ARE a woman.

• Ill take it a step further why are people trying to normalize single moms a sluts for wives.

• What if he always identified as a woman and only now was brave enough to undergo the procedure?

• Because they like chicks with dicks...

• It's their choice and if it isn't harming anyone then I'm not going to judge.

• You answered your own question. By normalizing it, the media take away the novelty and hence the attention. This eradicates the 75% of potential transgenders who would do it only to get in the world's face.

• What you call political correctness is commonly referred to as "not being an asshole".
    Perhaps she was born a man, but that is only her biological sex, her gender expression is a completely different subject.

• Who knows OP I just try to not worry about it and just live my life.

• I don't know, people are fucking weird.

• Do some research into the people who really run our country. They are literally theistic Satanists who sacrifice human beings and rape little children. I'm dead serious here.

• Dude tranby are sick people. They want to be something and they can't. Your not a really the thing you change into. Its fake ur fake. you need to deal with the hand your dealt with. It something wrong with there brain if they think this is normal or right.

Look I wanted to be a white person since I was 5. I remember in the 3rd grade I went as yug muto from yugioh. I was hesitant because the character is not black.

I can never be a white person with blonde hair blue eyes. I can deal with that just like u have to deal with u cab never be a woman or man. It sick it letting people live out there fetish. To feel comfortable.

I'm not saying what I'm saying because of envy or spite either.

• At the end of the day, a man will always be a man and a woman will always be a woman regardless of what they do with their bodies. A transgender is basically a biological man or biological woman with mutilated genitals.

Surgery does not change what you were born as.

What Girls Said 10

• You keep saying you don't have anything against her and that you're not being hateful when you clearly are. Look, firstly, why should something need to be "normal" in order to be respected or "approved"? What the hell does normal mean anyhow? Whether something is "normal" has no bearing on whether it is good or bad or should or shouldn't be encouraged.

Secondly, you have a severely flawed understanding of gender. Gender is not sex. Sex is what parts you have, gender is your societal identity essentially. And even sex isn't as simple and binary as some people seem to think it is (source: http://www.nature.com/news/sex-redefined-1.16943 ). Plus, it's been found that transgender people's brains actually resemble the brains of those who are the gender they identify as more than the brains of those who are the gender they were assigned at birth. (Source: www.newscientist.com/.../...ght-on-brain-scan.html )

Transgender people have KILLED themselves because of harassment and rejection from people who don't believe their gender is valid. Transgender people have a 41% suicide attempt rate in the United States. How the hell can you just brush that off? Why do you think people would literally kill themselves because of this otherwise? People like you are the problem, and if you refuse to recognize that and thoroughly examine your morals, I just don't understand how you can go through life believing you're a decent human being. And for the record, the issue certainly isn't that these people are "deluded" or some crap like that. The vast majority of credible psychological organizations agree that transgender people's identities are valid, and that the best way to "treat" transgender people is to just accept them and treat them like actual human beings.

Basically, all of the evidence is stacked against you. And if you can't recognize that, and can't even recognize that opinions like yours literally kill people, I think you've got some problems to sort out.

• I would never harass or bully someone. I don't like people who intentionally hurt others for the heck of it. Even if you don't agree with a person's LIFESTYLE or whatnot, that doesn't mean you are against the person themselves. I don't agree with having sex outside of marriage. Do I go around denouncing people who have casual sex? No. That doesn't mean that I have to agree with or ACCEPT what they're doing, I simply TOLERATE it in the sense that while I view what they're DOING as wrong, I don't dislike or mistreat the person doing it.

I'm very well aware that the brain of a transgender person identifies more with the opposite sex. But what I'm saying is, just because their brain is like that, doesn't make it normal or okay. For example, I have felt genuinely sorry for some serial killers who have been proven to be truly mentally sick. That doesn't excuse the fact that they killed people. But still, I sympathize. (and no I'm not COMPARING that to being transgender, just an example).

• Sorry my dear, all that you said doesn't mean I have to force myself to look at a transgender as I look at someone who hasn't had any problems with his gender and sex. I will tolerate, I will not view a transgender as I view my sister and mother. You act as though we have to change even our common sense for a group who have been harassed, while the only thing most of us can do is to respect them like any other human beings.

If you are a very devoted human being you can do it and become known as mother teresa of transgenders but you can't expect everybody to do any more than a simple respect and consider them normal as he does with girls who do not have that problem.

• @siriuss-black: That's not what I'm saying here. I'm not saying you absolutely have to see transgender people the same as everyone else. I'm just saying you need to accept and respect their gender identity and use their correct pronouns and name. Look, even I sometimes have trouble viewing transgender people as I do everyone else. But I do still try, as should you and everyone else. I recognize that societal programming is hard to overcome, but the least you can do is at least try.

• I know that it's difficult to change what we've called someone for years. It's hard it's weird I totally get it. But I think the fact is he can't change what he is inside. He doesn't feel like a man he feels like a woman and maybe he was born with male parts he's still woman inside. He changed his body so his mind and body could be alike. Yes it's strange to think about yes it's hard to get used to. But I don't think it matters I mean if "she" is happy then let her be happy whether we agree completely or disagree or can't come to terms with it it's her body after all. And yes it's really hard for me to get used to calling him a she and Bruce Caitlyn.. It's something everyone will have to get used to. I think having him on a magazine cover and an article on it will open people's eyes hopefully for the better. But I give it to her for going on a magaizine cover that takes guts!

• It really does not matter. :) it is their body and their minds.

And if people feel like a female, or a male, or neither. That is what they are. :) Sure, we were born a female or male, but we were also given a name by our parents, and if we want to change that, we can. Ummmm however people want to be referred to, I will respect that. I would most certainly not want to be called stupid if I felt I wasn't. Or well even a female, if I felt as if I was a male... Which I don't lol. :) meh!

• I don't agree with transgenderism, and I feel they're only fooling themselves. But at the end of the day it's their body and it makes them happy. I would be friends with one and address them on how they want to be addressed but I wouldn't date one.

• Because honestly for some of us it is normal, it would be normal to me and it is normal to other people as well. I find it perfectly normal for someone to be whoever they choose to be regardless of what they were born as.

• And he kept his package so that seems pretty bogus to call him her!

• Genitalia do not make someone male or female. That's absolute crap. Pronouns are based on gender, which is different from sex in that it is societal, not biological. And even in terms of biology, sex is far more complicated than most believe.

• I understand and agree completely with you. For that matter, it is what it is. As time flys, things change. Things that didn't seem to be right years ago seems to be okay with now. I wouldn't want to have to deal with this situation with children I may have in the future but at the same time you have to just realize it's not you and you can't feel what they feel. If he's happy, why should it matter. Be you and do what you have to do to be better. Giving effort to point all the flaws of this world is only taking time out of your day to only correct yours. If he wants to be called a woman, regardless if he's still a man, well, refer to "Caitlyn" as she likes. It doesn't hurt anyone unless you allow it to.

• because it doesn't matter.

• I don't see the harm in it, it's their life. If they want to be referred to as she (or he), I will do so if that is what she identifies with. I've never (even as a young kid) had a problem with LGBTP people. I hate to say it this way, but "I don't care", like it doesn't bother me. I hope she's happy and glad she has the courage to be herself now.

• you're about to get a lot of people screaming at you, telling you you're wrong be he was never a man or something like that.

I have nothing whatsoever against them, in fact I have friends that are. But I'm completely with you on this one.