Algebra? Can someone help?

Betty started a health and fitness program. So far, she has lost a total of 5 pounds. She is losing an average of one-fourth of a pound per week. If she maintains her average weekly weight loss, what will be her total weight loss in 12 weeks?

Most Helpful Girl

• are you serious?

• Yes, she is a college student that can't do division... Welcome to reality. The next generation will do well for our nation! :D

• @RationalLioness Are you saying that in her defense? I don't know what the norm is nowadays, perhaps other subjects are prioritised over maths (though I doubt that), but when I learned this, I think I must've been around 12 years old. Probably younger actually. And no I did not enjoy some luxury private education - this was just average everyday primary school (or whatever your country's equivalent may be called).

• I mean my 2 year old could probably solve this. This girl is 18-24!

What Guys Said 3

• You accidentally entered the wrong age on your profile, right?

• ur older than me by over 5 years and u can't solve it... sad

• 0.25 * 12 +5 =
    8lbs total

What Girls Said 2

• .25x12=3+5=8

• The equation is Y = 1/4x + 5
    Y is her total weight loss
    X is number of werks

• Plug 12 into x and it should give you your answer.

• The GaG math savant in the house lol. Please tell me you are studying something math or science related when you are in college?