80s music poll: favorite album by The Beat (aka English Beat)/General Public/Amazulu?

The Beat (aka The English Beat) were a ska/2-tone band with some hits during da early 80s... mostly known for their songs "Mirror In The Bathroom" and "Can't Get Used To Losing You". After their break-up some members of The Beat formed General Public, a new-wave band yet wid some 2-tone/ska elements. Mostly known for their song "Tenderness".

Personally i liked "I Just Can't Stop It" and "... All The Rage" mostly

Amazulu were a reggae-pop band mostly known for their song "Too Good To Be Forgotten"... didn't like their album so much tbh :|

• I Just Can't Stop It (The Beat)
  • Wha'ppen? (The Beat)
  • Special Beat Service (The Beat)
    Vote C
  • ... All The Rage (General Public)
    Vote D
  • Hand To Mouth (General Public)
    Vote E
  • Amazulu (Amazulu)
    Vote F
  • Spellbound (Amazulu)
    Vote G

Most Helpful Girl

• Never heard of them and I like two tone/ska. Will have to check them out a bit later. This week has been mostly The Specials playing on my stereo.

• ah nice :D

i like both Specials' albums... although i didn't like da one they relesead under "AKA The Special" name :|

• The Wha'ppen album on YouTube.

• nice :)

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 1