Guys, do y'all like southern accents or are they annoying?

The title says it all, I'm not one of those idiots with no intelligence I just have an accent because of where I live. Are southern accents ok? Does it depend on the guy?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Well Winston Churchill once said there's no more beautiful accent than the voice of an educated southern woman so I suppose it does have its appeal.
    Paraphrasing of course

What Guys Said 19

• Well since I'm from the South (Florida), all I'm used to is southern accents and southern slang like "y'all", "howdy" and "ain't". I love southern accents because they make me feel right at home.

The only accent I can't stand is certain Northern accent especially those from Philadelphia and Chicago.

• Oh my gosh I know! Especially New Yorker accents.

• Nice to know I'm not the only way that hated the Northern accent. I'll rather hear nails on a chalkboard then to hear some Northern accent. :)

• <3 em

;) 8)

• It's all about personality! If you have a southern accent and you act mature, then your accent is just part of who you are and any dude that finds you attractive will find your accent attractive.

Don't even worry about it:)

• I know it's a parody but this is what comes to mind now for southern accent
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osXd8_7_Svg

Scrawwyberry
    Moo-llennium Crunch
    The Grapedivinnne

Lol but yeah they're cool and unique to where I'm from

• Love a nice a Southern drawl, especially on a girl. Tired of hearing how ugly yankees talk up here.

• I find them cute and charming.

• I like them, but accents alone aren't enough for me.

• Yes, I do.

• I find them okay

• I like that accent from Alabama (on hot girls only lol).

I was listening to some chick on youtube talking with that accent and I liked it.

• I don't. Mainly because I lived in South Carolina for almost 3 years and I was surrounded by idiots with obnoxious accents, so now I cringe when I hear a Southerner talk.

• Personally, I don't like it, I do find them annoying. But I'm not going to judge a person solely on that obviously :)

• Sometimes cute, sometimes annoying. Reminds meo f this southern belle in one of my classes in college. She def. tried to capitalize on her accent. She talked alllllll. the. time. Got annoying.

• I love lol I was just thinking about that yesterday. Have u ever seen the 90s xmen rogue voice is amazing lol

• Im pretty partial to a scotish accent but its a pretty close second.

• They're annoying as hell but you're attractive so it's confusing.

• Ok? I'm trying to get rid of it because once I'm out of high school and college I want people to take me seriously and professionally.

• lots of places have a south

• I find the word ''Y'all'' to be annoying. It's clear most girls do it to be cute... or Southern to be cute as well... The word is overrated and too many girls trying to use it to be cute/unique.

• I find this humorous, I use the word because it's common where I live and that's it. I'm not trying to be 'cute' or 'unique'

• You got busted

• By default, we assume people with southern accents are stupid. Not fair, but true.

• Yes I'm aware. That's why I put that comment about my intelligence. 😊

• I saw y'all and southern in the question, so I didn't bother reading the rest. Just sayin'