Do you think that the 'Caitlyn Jenner' thing a publicity stunt?

I know I'll get a ton of hate for this but I just can't take 'Caitlyn' serious. I just have a hard time believing that a man would marry some of the most beautiful women, have a handful of kids and suddenly decide after ALL of these years to become a woman. To be honest, whoever that surgeon was did a damn good job because 'Caitlyn' almost looks like Angelina Jolie (not kidding). But why? Why after all of these years? I feel like it's just a huge cry out for attention to keep his career relevant. Let's be honest, nobody actually cared about Bruce so I guess he needed his time to shine?

Most Helpful Guy

• As usual:

Either publicity stunt or (more likely) some kind of a mental disorder.

What Guys Said 9

• I agree there is an element of attention seeking but while not seeing the show that often anytime I saw Bruce I always went there is something not right with Bruce, it wouldn't surprise me if he had issues - It turned out she did.

• Yeah wouldn't he have done this first. Nobody gave a shit about his olympics before he became refamous

• Don't know don't care

• If it is then getting a pair of boobs on you is really taking it too far lol.

• She didn't even start with a B cup. She goes straight to a D cup like wtf? Lol

• You do realize that because our society is do dumb and intolerant, that people have to hide who they are, right?

Gay people have been doing it for centuries.

• I think people are confusing being gay with being transgender. It's not the same thing. Gay people like the same sex, transgender want to BE the opposite sex.

• I am talking about the fact that they have to hide it from their family and friends because they won't be taken seriously.

• Coz we live in a stupid world

• its to push the gay, sex change agenda.

soon sex changes will just become a thing you do.

• People have been getting sex changes for awhile. It's not anything new actually...

• I do get it. Maybe you don't. It's not like it's anything new under the sun. Its been around for at least 20 or so years.

• and who shall be this caitlyn jenner?

• ye i think he wanted to steal the spotlight away from kris cuz he hates her so much

What Girls Said 9

• Maybe... but I have a hard time believing anyone would go through that big of a change just for a "publicity stunt." From what I've heard, this wasn't even a sudden thing. In the Diane Sawyer interview, Bruce said that he had always felt like a woman inside since he was young.

Personally speaking, I don't really care. If he wants to be referred to as "she" from now on and have the complete surgery to change into a woman, that's none of my business. I don't fully understand transgender or transexual people and I won't pretend like I do but I will still respect them as human beings.

• I cared about Bruce. He was my favorite person on the show.

And according to the interview he had with Diane Sawyer, he has been feeling this way for decades.

Now, I'm ready to see what Caitlyn has to say, if she feels like saying it.

• That's sad... I always liked Bruce. She was a good person, but you know the show mostly catered to the Kardashians. Bruce wasn't the center of attention.

• Yeah, one of the only good, down to earth people on the show was of course not really that important. I'm happy she has a life separate from all that stuff now.

• I think it's all a bunch of publicity bullshit. If attention is what he/she was looking for they got. Basically all this is setting an example to the newer generations that beauty can be paid for when it can't. Soon everyone will be 20 times different looking than they started out and they will feel it's okay to do that. I just feel like it's setting such a bad example and the Kardashian/Jenner family are s huge disgrace. Excluding Courtney, she seems to be the least fake.

• Why would it be? He is not a she
    God bless his heart for finally coming clean. And people hide from a lot of their feelings.

• And plus he is still going to date women

• I just said he isn't a he anymore in my first post. And I also said she is goi g to date women

@personalitytype
      She obviously partly blind if she thinks she is a Angie look alike

• There's no need to be hateful. When I said that it was really to mean that the plastic surgeon did a good job. I think too many people took that statement way too personally. It's actually a complement.

• Not everything is a publicity stunt. This way the reveal would be on her terms - not the media's. Why let the media tell their of her story when you she can tell it yourself.

I, again, don't think this is a publicity thing, this is her taking control of her life for the first time in 65-years.

• Yes because you would change your body, get breast implants, get your Adam's apple shaved and your penis turned into a vagina to just get attention.

It is completely normal for a transgender person to go this long without doing anything about how they feel. Mainly because they're afraid people won't get it or they just don't fully understand it themselves.

Being transgender doesn't have anything to do with your choice in women and your desire to have children.

• i dont think it is.

• img2-2.timeinc.net/.../caitlyn-jenner-1-320.jpg
    ichef.bbci.co.uk/.../_81859178_81859173.jpg

They do NOT look similar. Or almost like each other.

Nah. I do think he has more important things to deal with. Like how his daughter was dating a 25 year old..

• Lol you don't have to agree with me, but ok...

• To be honest, I think I see a little bit of Jessica Lange from American Horror Story.

• I can see that.

• No, it's not a publicity stunt. In her interview with Barbara Walters she said she's been getting procedures done since the 80's, but kept backing out from a full transition in order to protect her family. This is very genuine. She's a human being just like you or I, and she came out of the closet. She should be accepted for who she is, not who she was pretending to be.

• Ok relax. I don't need a lecture. I commend her for being brave, not so much coming out. I do think making it so public is a bit obnoxious though...

• Well you're not obligated to pay attention haha. A lot of things in the news are obnoxious to a lot of people.

• True lol.