If a child never learns to lie-doesn't even know the meaning of the word lie or liar, will he never lie then?

0|0
4|4

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think children really lie with malicious intent. Every child invents some sort of fantasy, whether it be a place, a friend or whatever. It is in children's nature to invent something that isn't true.
    Provided a child is never physically punished, they should be encouraged to be truthful all the time. They will soon know that when lies are discovered, the punishment will be harder. Like being grounded for two days instead of just one.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• false 8)

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone will lie if telling the truth costs them too much. We all have a breaking point.

1|0
    0|0
  • This is a very good question...:O

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Kids have a huge imagination.
    They tend to make up stories or events.

Making things up is a natural part of development.

When these events change into something that is intended to cause harm then we let the kids know that lying isn't ok.

So, your question is unrealistic but let's pretend it did happen (a child never learned to lie).
    I would say he may lie but do it in a state where he is unaware of it.

2|0
    0|0
  • For him to stay not knowing the meaning of lying , he mustn't meet or interact with liars by any means , which means that he won't even know that liars exist , thus lying doesn't exist either. But that's impossible , so even if he didn't lie as a child , one day he will face situations where he will get lied to , or even see people lying to others , so it's not only restricted to his self-experiences , but what happens around him as well. But it's also worthy to mention that lying is guess isn't taught , it can just develop as a natural response to fear. I mean , a child doesn't necessarily need to be told to lie , so he can do it. He can actually start lying just as soon as he feels that by saying the truth will cause him harm and just at this particular moment he will develop lying because he will be convinced that this way kept him safe , neglecting whether it's right or wrong , but after he knows that it's wrong , he would probably still do it because according to his perspective ( he is forced to ) and he's partially correct but that's not an excuse anyway , so it takes some courage and determination for someone to give up lying as truth can sometimes cause harm to the person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Naw he probably would still lie even without knowing it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how old the child is. Obviously we all don't know what the word lie or liar when we're toddlers but we truly believe that we can't lie until we're children due to the fact that before our brains develop enough, we truly believe that what I know you also know and what you know I know. There's also a mind reading phase where they think you can read their minds so they freak out if they lie. But eventually they grow out of it and learn that you don't know what is going on in their minds and start telling lies. There's actually been studies backing it up.

1|0
    0|0