How do I fix myself... I tend to become way too attached and terrified of being abandoned?

I guess you could say I'm one of those girls with "daddy issues" that most guys want to steer clear of. I've been with my boyfriend over a year and a half. I'm always terrified one day he's going to just dump me out of the blue, because of this I come off even more clingy and it freaks him out and makes him pull away. I don't know how to fix myself. My dad cheated on my mom my entire life and then when he fessed up he left and I don't even know where he is.. 5 years later. Because of what happened to me I've scared of everyone leaving. My boyfriend changed my life. I used to be suicidal until he came along, supported me and made me so happy. I don;t know what to do because I am very attached and scared of being abandoned I don't want this to ruin my relationship. I want to be able to relax and enjoy myself without worrying he's just going to leave randomly. I'm so happy right now I'm just scared I'm going to do something stupid or expect too much and scare him away. How do I fix my daddy issue problems of being way too attached and expecting him to stay with me for a long time...

Most Helpful Guy

• I have to disagree with @Klaatu51 though I'm not disregarding it's merit entirely. posing a statement like that and not explaining as to why she should is irresponsible and could even more stress. Now to address the issue at hand, you need to honestly ask yourself, "Has your boyfriend done anything to make you think he might leave you?" If it were me Id see you as stressing needlessly and that you don't trust me. You need to calm your overwhelming anxiety about this. Because in the end it could cause you to push him away and I know you don't want that to happen. You're putting a lot of your own insecurities on him and your relationship when you probably don't need to. Just relax, if your boyfriend doesn't know what happened with your dad then now is a good time to explain and this will help him to understand where you are coming from. Now with all this being said you need to prepare yourself for the worst which is where I agree with @Klaatu51. I'm not saying this will happen but just be prepared. Just know that if the worst comes to pass it is not the end of the world there are other great guys out there you just need to be open to them. In all honesty you need to talk out these issues with someone like your mom or a good friend. Just telling somebody else what's wrong can help progress forward and heal the scars left by your past with your dad. Anyways I really hoped this helped you somehow and that everything works out for you and him. I wish you the best.

What Guys Said 1

• guess u shuld start thinkin about wot will happen IF in case he leaves u :)

What Girls Said 1

• fuck it. tell him to go. who needs others.