Do you believe that GOd works in cycles or seasons?

As a child I struggled with very serious anxiety issues from my parents constantly yelling at me and trying to stress me out. now I am a lot calmer for the most part with mild anxiety on rare occassions but nothing to the extent of what I suffered in the past.

My pastor used to have money issues growing up in India, a country where not having money could mean starvation and death and she said that one day God promised to take care of her and after that she never struggled with money issues ever again.

She told me that the struggle is real but once you overcome it through God - you never have to experience the same problem again.

That is how I define a season in life.

Most Helpful Guy

• see as there is no proof of a god that i have found,(before you say anything, yes i have looked, and I've also read the bible.) we make our own futures. Be the change you want to see in the world. dont rely on some mystical sky daddy to swoop in and save you when times get rough. pick yourself up, dust yourself off and press forward. you become a stronger individual that way. there is no promise of an afterlife so make every day on earth count. i know the struggle is real, thats why i have two jobs and get 3-4 hours of sleep a night and havnt had a full day off in a month. life is hard but the only way to make it better is to work hard at it. you're stronger than you think trust me. i was in that same position a while back, its not fun but you can get through it.

What Guys Said 3

• LMFAO first thing first... god doesn't control when and where your craziness pops up. If you chose to be crazy, that's your choice and nobody else.

Second, your pastor no longer struggled with money issues again because she put her thinking cap on and realized that if she didn't swim she would sink and fail. Obviously she chose to swim.

You're 29 please don't be this ignorant.

• In Islamic view, the whole life is a test by God "Allah", where no matter struggles or gifts comes and goes in your life is always a test. So in this life Struggles AND/OR Gifts BOTH can also be a taste of Reward OR Punishment but the only fixed result is happiness and contentment.
    So I say God does not work on seasons. And you may or may not experience the same problem again (through God's will), but it is all accounted for and it is all worth.

• he's seasonal

What Girls Said 4

• Nope, not really at all.
    I believe some people get all the luck and some get all the c**p...
    And some get a bit of both.

• It can't be all blessings all the time or we'd have no frame if reference to miracles or grace.

• yes God does work in seasons of life it says so in Ecc. 3 :) :)

• i dont think so.