Pets & Dating: If you're a pet person, is it a MUST that whoever you're dating also be a fan of pets?

Like what if you're a dog person, but the other person is afraid of dogs? What if you're a cat person but the other person can't stand how your cat tries to rub against them? I know most of you probably wouldn't want to put away your pet every time they come around...

• Its a dealbreaker, even if they're afraid of my pet.
  • Its not a dealbreaker. I dont mind putting the animal on a leash, in a cage, or in a room when my significant other comes around.
  • I'm not a fan of pets either.

Most Helpful Guy

• My pet is my little buddy... he is family. I'd have to figure out a way to warm a girl up to him, but I really don't think that would be too hard! He is very friendly and loves people.

• I'm just scared to be near the animal while loose. Like if the guy held the pet in their hand, I'd pet it, but thats about it

• How about a Golden Retriever though? They are supposed to be very friendly.

• I've been chased before by a great Dane (definitely no Scooby Doo) and a labridor... No just no. I liked that movie Airbud, but no

What Guys Said 5

• I have cats well actually one now since the other died a couple of years ago. If my fiancee did not like the I would not have been with her because they are family to me. If someone gives up their pet or pets for someone then they never really cared for them in the first place. What else I do not get is how people give up their pets because the place they are moving to does not allow pets. Why move somewhere that does not allow pets in the first place then? My cat is family to me.

• tbh i\d b scared if she owned a pet o_O

• If she'd be scared of my cat, I'd make her face her fear together, because my cat wouldn't hurt a fly

• Yes, I had my pets first and they are here to stay!

• Lol 2 months late but okay

• It won't work without out it. I tried to be with a chick who had crazy cats... and I was allergic... so, that was the end of that...

• Are you a pet person though? Dogs?

• Put it in a room...

• Thats sweet ☺️

What Girls Said 2

• No wae. Dogs are my babies. I love them more then anything else in this world! I stay by their side no matter what. luckily my boyfriend loves dogs too ! : )

• they must like my pets.