Why do people hate liberals so much?

I'm not really into politics but whenever someone is very left-winged, someone always accuses them of being liberal. For example if I say I'm for equal rights and for gay marriage someone says I'm liberal. For what? I don't really get it. Can someone explain it to me?

oh and just a note, I don't really mean that they "hate" liberals, I'm just confused as to why everyone who is "left-swaying" a liberal.

Most Helpful Girl

• people hate everyone.

What Guys Said 13

• Liberals tend to oppose everything that kept their nation strong and alive to this day. Basically, they are the most perfect traitors out of those left-wing scum.

They push every cancer one can think of: feminism (which harms birthrates, sways men away from women, sometimes hurts business and politics etc), immigration of unwashed barbarians (that don't care about integrating whatsoever, that are more likely to cause crime and require huge support from the government with little to nothing to give back), homosexual marriage (that sissyfies a nation, harms birthrate, harms masculinity and thus ability to defend one's country) etc.

I absolutely love liberals in countries that I consider geopolitical enemies (because they rot their countries faster than plague), but I won't even piss on liberal that's on fire in my country.

• It is scientifically proven that conservatives are less happy, hence the hate. Liberals are awesome. Lets be progressive people.

• It takes a "bigger picture" to understand why what I said is true, and it hasn't been conclusive in the scientific community. But I am God and what I say goes mwhahahahahaha, ok maybe not.

• i dont think it really matters in the grand scheme of things, there are much better predictors of happiness than political leanings of course.

We're all gods in our own minds though so more power to ya! :)

• The people hating liberals consider the New York Times to be socialist. Even the G. O. P. is too leftist for them.

• That's literally what a liberal is tho...

• People hate the other side. (Btw your not a liberal just because your for gay rights, I'm a conservative for gay rights and there are a lot of us out there) go out and start sharing conservative views just to see what happens, I don't think you'll find the reaction any different.

• also, not everyone who leans left IS a liberal. Liberals and the left differ on things like taxes, trade, labor laws, and environmental regulations. Im not about to get into all that though.

Really even liberals shouldn't be called liberals, a liberal is someone like John F Kennedy, he would not fit what the term "liberal" means today. The liberals actually tried to change their identity to "progressives" which wouldve been less confusing, but the liberal moniker stuck despite the drastic change in ideology

• personally not... i'm afraid of conservative people mostly :|

• People don't hate liberals. But liberals spend money to create a subservient welfare class to support them. Liberals support big government which has led to liberals promoting high taxes, a destruction of personal liberties, and a destruction of our free speech. Liberals support a socialist agenda. Well... Left and liberal are synonymous with each other here in the US

• Liberals are usually idealists and don't look at things long-term, so if you say something naive or simply incorrect, you will be accused as a liberal.

• People have this need to label everyone. Just because u believe in gay rights and equal rights does not mean the rest of your vagina are conservative. Always this if view that if u dont believe what we believe your against us and your opinions dont matter.

• I just disagree with most of them.

• Because many liberals today are militant and totalitarian in their desire for a society that's exactly to their specifications.

• Cuz they've been brainwashed by right wing propaganda into believing they're communists who hate america.

Conservatives claim to believe in freedom yet that freedom doesn't extend to people they hate. i. e. gays.

• They are unrealistic and impractical dreamers.

What Girls Said 2

• Well technically if you lean to the left you are a liberal. Or a left leaning centrist. Don't worry so much about the labels just believe what you believe. It's whatever.

• 'Cause they're TOO conservative.