Guys, How do I develop a more masculine personality?

I want to develop a stronger personality. Right now I care too much about the thoughts and feelings of others and I tend to put others far above myself. I don't want to do that.

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Drink Iron Bru, play Dark Souls and masturbate furiously to yaoi yiff.
    N-No homo...

What Guys Said 19

• What do you think of as masculin? Nothing is wrong with feeling just so long as you don't let them do the thinking for you. Putting others well being above your own is a sign of strong character so long as its genuine, its also the only reason we are able to function as a society, the more selfish we become the weaker we are as an individual and as a society. Most people have very diffrent views on what it means to be a man, for me the archtypical man is Paternal by nature. He is loving and caring so much that he will not hesitate to punish those who do wrong not out of hate but the desire for them to be better, to be the best they can be. He is a protector as all fathers are and will defend others with all that he has regardless of how it affects him, he is wise to best guide his children and friends so that they may become the best that they can be. He takes responsibility for his actions and their consequences, which is why he always thinks his actions and words through to create the most beneficial outcome for all not just himself. If this is your idea of masculinity and being a man than I would suggets reading about stoicism and generally just being genuine but also do not allow yourself to be used. Always aim for the good of others and they will gravitate to you.

• I do put others before myself; however, what others think of me, that's their prerogative, everybody will run someone the wrong way.

• Be assertive and confident in yourself and your abilities. Carry yourself well, dress nice, work out and lift weights. Read the news, capital markets/investing, etc. so you can be conversant with people about higher-level topics. No one talks about video games, everyone talks about the economy, sports, movies, politics, current events.

• That isn't really "masculine" nor "feminine", but it certainly contributes to a healthier personality, as it removes a LOT of stress from your shoulders. All you need to do is care less, as long as you don't hurt others, they won't really care.

• This sounds like a reaction to some idiotic comment from another person. Typically someone will say, "you're too nice". This is perceived as something negative.
    Being selfless is honorable and sometimes heroic. If you're concerned about masculinity, just hit the weights.

• Well said, Jmart101. Nelson Mandela committed his life to helping others. No one would accuse him of weakness.

• Smart. Living life to impress others is crazy.

• Dude... don't change, as women get older they like that a guy thinks beyond himself.

The dumbass that is all masculine now becomes a thing of the past.

• U dont havw 2 bro...

• Drink beer, watch sports, work out, be assertive, say what's on your mind, lead others, be an example/inspiration for others, and yes have a masculine role model in your life. Watch some movies such as Fight Club and observe the Tyler Durden's character. Also watch The Departed and observe Jack Nicholson's character.

• It's not so much masculinity as it is you need to just focus on yourself. It isn't bad to care about what others think and feel but it is bad if you do it at your own expense and it becomes detrimental to your well being.

• Okay woman don't want a man with too much emotion but they don't want a rock. My voice doesn't carry much emotion sadly, but my girlfriend knows I have feelings. Just open up every once in a while. Also there is no defining feature of being masculine. For instance I garden and yet I play heavy metal on my guitar. So really it is more of what a girl likes about you.

• you can be masculine and care for others

• Grow a beard. It makes you look and feel more masculine

• You either have or don't have a masculine personality. It is genetics you can't change it

• No need to. Just be yourself.

• Putting others before yourself is the most masculine thing ever. Men work their asses off to support their family. Men join the army and risk their lives to protect their home. Men invented the concept of "women and children first". The only thing you should improve is your attitude towards it. You're saying you don't want to do that. Take some time to reflect and you'll find out why you feel that way. Then you can work on it.

• Two things:

1. Exercise

2. Stop keeping the company of women

• Confidence, assertiveness

• Remember most other people are dickheads, who cares what a dickhead thinks?