Have you ever lost hope completely for something and actually it happened?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, my mother died and I remember later that winter coming home on a cold dark night worn out and frustrated. I opened the front door and our 90 lbs Golden Retriever bolted out the door and broke the last branch of a very small Azalea. The Azalea was a gift to me at the funeral to remember my mother by. Now it was dead pretty much, and had been. The dog breaking the last little branch left amd already dead twig of a plant there. I remember just looking at it in the snow. It died early that year but I still wanted it. Now it was pretty much nothing and I felt really down. I said 'God, if you only give me one miracle, bring this back'. It was more of defiance than a request though.

Next spring the little thing came back. I was stunned. Yeah, I am guessing that Azaleas can do that, somehow, but I was giving what I asked for. It showed me that all things are not lost and I don't understand everything. When I moved I had the realtor dig up the plant and mail it to me (it was $60 shipping way back then---she watered it, water is heavy). That little Azalea is 25 years old now and about 7 teet tall and 5' wide, but it was suppossed to be a dwarf one. Everytime I feel down I think of that little dead twig.

What Guys Said 8

• yes it did happen to me just last week, i was waiting a girl.. but something came up so i didn't met her and it wasn't the first time.. it's been a month, i see her every Friday and Saturday and i want to talk to her but i am shy.. and she want me to talk to her first.. we make eye contact... when i said that this week i will talk to her i didn't met her, and i was so angry and i lost hope and also i felt like i lost her too..

after 3 hours i walked by the same place where i meet her every weekend.. i wasn't looking for her or something i was just walking, and then i saw her, i felt like something is going on in my heart hahaha, i said in my self this time i'll make things clear, i'll get her number and fb..

• Sometimes a couple of small things , nothing big comes to mind.

• I have and it blew my mind when it all worked out in the end.

• not totally... but partly LOL

• Nope

I lost hope in my love life, I don't think it's gonna happen.

• When I was rejected by Wesleyan University and Washington and Lee University, I thought I would not get into a top-ranking liberal arts college but I days later I received the offer from the College of the Holy Cross.

• hah! always! :D

• Na, but that could change I suppose.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, a couple times.

• No. I try to stay optimistic.:)

• It has happened.

• yeah it happens!

• I never thought I'd recover from my eating disorder, but I did.