New roommate wants me to move out with her but I refuse to?

I moved from New York to Maryland. I live in a one family house with my roommates. It's a four bedroom house. Moving on I found this place on Craigslist so far it's legit. Well my female roommate has to move out soon because she has pets. When she leaves I'll be in this house with two males but they mind their business. She wants me to get a 2 bedroom apartment with her or move into a hotel room but I refuse to. Why should I inconvience myself because she's in a fucked up situation? I've only been here for one month and don't know of she'll pay bills on time. Rent is $450 a month with everything included with cable plus a washer and dryer is in the house. Why would I get an apartment and might have to pay for cable and electricity etc? That wasn't my plan and I'm having a hard time finding a job. For now my unemployment helps. She's relying on me to help her but if I wasn't here what would she do? Then she says "Wouldn't you feel safer with a female in the house?" Do you think I did the right thing by staying here and letting her leave? I already paid rent.

0|0
1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• You did right. It isn't selfish to take care of yourself

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• if u paid... u cannot leave... no?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• its the right thing.