Which is better In a real fight, Boxing or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?

• Boxing
  • Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Most Helpful Guy

• Jiu jitsu by a landslide, lol. Is this a serious question?

• It is.

• A BJJ guy could beat a boxer like the one in the video?

• Yes. It honestly wouldn't be much of a fight.

What Girls Said 2

• Jiu Jitsu.

• Being a good runner is better in a real fight.

What Guys Said 7

• Jiu Jitsu looks more effective to me

• Street fighting is different than sport fighting. Let's see either one dodge a bullet, deal with a gouged eye, fight with a knife being waved around, or deal with 5 on 1.

Since your question doesn't include the "neither" option, I'd say Boxing since you never want to be on the ground during a real fight, and any experience is better than no experience.

• Running and screaming always worked for me...

Just kidding, what about the Israeli street fighting technique?

• Lets see, I can punch you above the belt with my padded gloves. Or I can wipe that smirk off your face with a thousand kicks, punches and throws.
    I'll just buy a gun.

• Street fight? Boxing

Organized fight/MMA? Jiu Jitsu

• If it's a streetfight where there are multiple people who can do you harm, neither is effective. GTFO in that situation lol. I've seen too many WSHH videos of guys getting cheap shots and skulls hitting the pavement. But one on one BJJ can be most effective. You control the conflict and whereas with throwing strikes there are too many random violent variables where you can lose, even if you are a better fighter.

• @hawkeye92 Yeah I know what you mean. But when the physical matchup is as unpredictable as it is in street fights, and considering the fact that you'll be going up against wannabe fighters or average joes, then having the ability to strike and have boxing fundamentals is much more valuable and useful in my opinion

• Boxing comprised pf hand moments only mainly bt in brazilan fighting style u have variety and it uses your full bpdy mma is the best example!

• BJJ if it's one on one.