Does it make me racist by not being attracted to black girls?

So I have black friends, i socialize with black people, but I just do not find black females attractive. I have dated a black girl before, but found no attraction. Is that racist? I don't choose to not have an attraction, it just doesn't happen...

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, some people just are not attracted to some races I'm the same way there was this girl I went to school with who is black and very, very attractive and I have absolutely no attraction towards her whatsoever at all and for a while I was thinking what the hell is wrong with me. And then I realized I am just not attracted to them for some reason, and I'm not racist but it's also something that I just can't help.

We all have our preferences things we like and don't like for whatever reasons, some we can help others we can't. Besides in order for you to be racist you'd have to hate her race, as that is pretty much the definition of racism, racial and cultural hatred.

What Girls Said 7

• Its prejudice not racist dont mistake non attraction for total distaste for a whole race of people because that however is distasteful. Black people come in all sizes shapes and color and are (in my opinion) far more diverse than Caucasians in America. You've probably seen someone "black" and didn't even know it.

It's food for thought.

• It makes you racist if you're grouping them as a whole being unattractive. There are attractive black girls out there, gorgeous girls. If the fact that they're black is what makes them unattractive then yeah, that is racist

• I am not saying they are ugly, i am saying i am not attracted to them. No matter their appearance

• *associate* not activists lol

• I may not even find a gorgeous white girl attractive =\ she may not be ugly, but i am not attracted to her...

• No, you're not racist since you don't have hatred for that particular race.

• It really depends on what made you not like black girls. If it's the "They're loud and have bad attitudes." reasons, then yes, in a way, it's racist because you dislike a race of females due to a stereotype. HOWEVER, if it's the "I just don't feel attracted." then no, it's not.
    It's like a man liking a man. You feel nothing towards men so you're not attracted.

• No, it's ok. As long as it's a I just am not attracted to and not a "because all others are better " etc.
    I am not attracted to white males and could never be. That doesn't make me a racist.

• Nah, that's not racist, just not your type...

• no it doesn't.

What Guys Said 7

• I love black people, but i am not attracted to black women either. i wouldn;t consider myself a racist.

• Silly question. Of course not. Everyone has their sexual preferences.

• It's just a preference.

• No point in even asking this. You are attracted to what you're attracted to, but it's best to keep it to yourself.

• no of course not...

• A kot of boack guys aren't attracted to black girls. Are they racist...

• No it doesn't.