I despise my name?

I don't get how you can despise a name, but I despise mine. How can you possibly not like your name?

I know I can change my name y'all. I'm still not 18 and m parents won't let me change it because once again I'm stil under the age.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in the same boat. Didn't like how it sounded or how it flowed. The why is hard to peg down but for me it was a dislike of myself for most of my life.

What Guys Said 12

• Well, i know how you feel... i don't like my last name cause
    it's a German name but has a really horrible meaning it's
    not my fault.. i could change it but holding off in case i meet
    some girl who would let me take her last name if we get married
    so your not alone at all when it comes to names.

• You can always change it after 18. Doing so legally does not even require an attorney in most states and costs about $100 to $200 in court fees and ancillary costs. Some states require you to advertise the change in the legal newspapers. Others do not. Illinois, for example requires you to advertise twice. Washington state requires no advertising.

• Its possible because your name wasn't your idea, it was your parent's.

You can always change your name.

• I know but that costs money.

• It depends on where you live but the highest I've heard is about $200 but it's usually around $50-$60. That's for the legal name change. After that you have to get a name change kit or something which I'm not sure what you need for but it probably has all the information on what you need to do and its another $30 or so. Then if you need to change all of your ID's like your passport, drivers license etc, its about $250 for the passport and around $80 for your drivers licence.

So all up you're looking at nearly $600.
      That's for Australia though. I don't know what you have to do in America.

• And yes you need to be 18 but its not far away.

• Well, Cxxlin does look like someone slipped on the keyboard...

• Why would I put my name as a 'user' name.

• The update talks about how I'm underage and can't change my name without my parents permission. I didn't put my name on here because I just wanted to know how someone could hate their name. That doesn't require me to say my name.

• Haven't got a reaction gif for this one, hang five

• If you do not like your name, change it once you are an adult and are legally able to do it. The legal process is simple in most jurisdictions.

• I used to hate my name because of the heavily catholic community I was raised around, but after being able to be atheist I've grown to like it a lot.

• I used to hate my name because the only people I ever met who share it with me are women. Even celebrities -_-

• What's your name?

• Just have people call u Kat. It's a good nickname.

• They do.

• You're funny, props to you dude. Thanks I guess man.

• Hey no prob. I like to make people smile.

• Maybe if it is very common and you want to be different.

• It's not very common in America (where I'm from and live). It's Greek but I just think I'd like the name my parents originally named me. They changed my name a like 5.

• Yeah.. It's a ways off. January 13th

• Just by a little bit. I mean if you still feel the same way when you turn 18 then I'd say go for it. Just google how to do it. I would not imagine that it would cost that much

• Not very fond of my own neither, wasn't my decision anyways :s

• It happens. My first girlfriend had a friend whose name was Shithead.

What Girls Said 8

• I used to be like that because kids would always make fun of it. As I got older more people started telling me they love it. (I'm American but my name is Asian)

• Literally "Asian" or an Asian name?

• What's your name?

• @Xelebrum Lol. I didn't realize I wrote that wrong. I meant to say I have an Asian name.
      @Cxxlin I can't say. I'm literally the only person in the U. S. with this name. But you can find others with the same name in Japan.

• I don't hate my name, but I would have liked something more commanding. My name is so sweetsy and I need something to even out my genuinely sweet nature haha. I would have liked something strong like Brenda or Valerie or something with a big V or B sound.

• I feel you bruh, my name sucks too. You can get it changed.

• Well I didn't like my name (Wynne. Pronounced like "Winnie") because everyone kept fucking it up and I remember as a kid, I didn't like that it was at the end of the alphabet, LOL. The spelling, the pronunciation, people kept fucking them up. Then I learned to like that my name is unique.

• I hate my name too

• Why do you hate your name?
    :S

• I just for like it, I wish I had a different name or myself.

• I hated my name, as did two of my sisters and my best friend, so we changed them legally. It's not hard and it's not expensive, a lot of people do it.

• you can change your name.