What causes insecurity in people?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• When someone they admire/respect brings them down

• Their own mind and previous shitty past experiences.

• Well discouragement may be one, for example I used to and still get picked on for a lot of physical imperfections, I had a rash on my arms that wasn't contagious but it was dry and red and looked like I had cuts everywhere. They called me "poison ivy" or "emo" because it looked like I self harmed, or just call me disgusting. My arms are so much better now, they look normal but I still always prefer long sleeves and covering my arms. Just makes me uncomfortable. That is just one thing.
    Nobody bullied me for my personality but I just always thought I had a bad personality, insecure that I am bad at talking to people and making friends and being social. Everyone badgers me about how anti social I am but I just shun myself at how it makes me such a closed off person and I really don't like that. Sometimes I think I am a perfect 10/10 in and out and sometimes I don't want to leave my room. Everybody is different though, i wouldn't know every reason for insecurity

• being told they aren't good enough.

What Guys Said 2

• I suppose they compare themselves to others and feel they have come up short.

• unrealistic expectations of others, giving into personal demons and not listening to your intuitive voice which gets you to places in live, laziness/lack of diligence, past bad experiences.