Which language among those is the hardest?

I only know English .

• German
  • Spanish
  • French

Most Helpful Girl

• German is my first language and I'd say German 😁 There are so many grammar rules that you need to remember.
    I also know french and I think it is easy, I studied french for 6 years.
    I had italian classes for 2 years and it was also not too hard.

What Girls Said 9

What Guys Said 6

• Hmm. Hard to say - I took French and German at school, and did a lot better at French, but then I'd been learning it for longer (started 2 years earlier, when I was 11). I've also forgotten pretty much all the German I ever learned, whereas I'm still okay at French, but again, that's because I've spent a couple of years living in France...
    The whole gender thing in French is retarded, and German takes it a step further by adding a third gender. In both cases, you just have to memorize a word's gender - there's no logic to it (eg. the German words for "knife", "fork" and "spoon" are three different genders).

Dutch looks the easiest to me. If you know English and a tiny bit of German, you can easily understand an instruction manual or anything like that, written in Dutch.
    Icelandic looks the most difficult - I couldn't even attempt to pronounce most Icelandic words, let alone guess what they actually mean.

• That's cos English is the bastardization of all of the European languages right?
    imgace.com/.../...-borrow-from-other-languages.jpg

Tracing the bloodline back to the original after it has been tainted will be a bit tough lol

• I think there's a lot of reasons for this. The main one i can think of is that William the Conqueror (French dude) invaded England in 1066 and since than many French words have been incorporated into the language

• also vikings celts etc

• Bahaha... truth

• German has the weirdest grammar rules. Spanish and French are quite similar, I think. I don't know any Spanish so I'm not entirely sure.

• German

,,,,,,,,

• As others have said, German grammar is pretty difficult.

• I know German and French and a bit Spanish, German is the hardest one of them