Would you congratulate your partner for beating a difficult video game?

Just beat Fester's Quest for the NES, pain in the ass!

but damn i feel good for beating it. led me to ask this. would you congratulate your partner for beating a very difficult video game in your presence?

seems like girls would do this more than guys. :o

Most Helpful Girl

• Damn straight I would. I would drown him in kissies and hug him. Might do other things but that's a secret. :P Since I also know the pain of somethings taking FOREVER to beat at times. Then the frustration of it all. The happiness of beating something that was really annoying and tricky is extremely satisfying. ^^

What Girls Said 66

• I would possibly congratulate or praise a boyfriend if he set out to do something and achieved something from it, regardless of what it is. Whether it would be loosing weight, gaining muscle at the gym, achieving something for work or finishing a level in a game (in this instance).

• Um... no. It wouldn't be genuine. I don't play video games so I couldn't appreciate his accomplishment. He has his bromance friend for that.

• Don't you think it's still nice to say something. I mean, that's why we like you, because you care

• Well yeah, but luckily I'm not dating you

• Lucky indeed. Sounds like we'd be both miserable. You for not getting congratulated on video games and me for dating someone so easily offended. @Kidlnk4 :p

• Yes. I understand the pain and frustration of reaching a level you just can't beat and how much time, patience, strategy and skill it takes to get to the end. I would throw a damn party and cheer him on! I would even write a status on Facebook in his honour.

• Yeah :) I know how hard certain games can be, and how it's a real accomplishment to beat them. So, of course I'm congratulating my partner for his win.

• Hah, of course. If you're dating someone who's into video games then its a given that they're probably proud of, and tried hard to beat said video game. You should always congratulate your partner on doing something they're proud of. Its kind of a no brainer. :)

• My boyfriend was just like "niice!" after I beat Majora's mask but I don't need a party and a cake for it! lol but yeah I'd be like "you did it! cool".

• I probably would haha

• Anytime someone focusses on something, sees it through and excels, they should be congratulated, if it was at all difficult for them.

• I do all the time

• Y es, he can get the privilege of cleaning the dishes >;D

• Of course.. why not. I see no problem in doing so.

• Yes! Because I do things that people would consider lame and a waste of time. Like enter the needlework competition at the local state fair. When I have won, my partner has always been proud and supportive. An accomplishment is an achievement, and should be congratulated.

• Yes. What's important to him is important to me, even if I don't value the accomplishment the same as he does.

• hha no I'd make fun of him! lol but congrats! :P

• Yes!!! :) that is hard work! Lol :)

• It depends if i was watching it happen or not, like if i'd been sitting there watching then yes i would be excited and congratulate them. If i'd just walked in or got a random call saying OMG i beat the game etc, i'd still be happy and congratulate them (cause if they're excited and happy, and i care about them why would i put it down or be a buzz kill?) but it wouldn't be as hyper as if i was there and invested.

• maybe a bit

• I would definitely congratulate my partner! Probably because I would also be excited for them and because it's just a nice thing to do.

• Yes of course. :)

• Yea, i do. It's impressive and it makes him feel happy when I tell him.

• In my opinion, I would not. Cause to a lot of girls, like myself, constantly hear about guys beating video games, so it's nothing really exciting to us.

• Sure, why not? Especially if you've both been on the adventure together. I love it when my partner plays and finally gets to beat a boss or something.

• Only if she did better than I

• If I felt like it was something you put some kind of inportance in the yes. Especially if I knew how long you had tried and failed for. :)

• Yes! only because i'm a nerd. And watching him win a very difficult level it's kinda hot! lol!

• Sure, I don't see why not

• Fuck yeah i would! i just beat the last level of portal co-op and it was killerrr and i definitely think that, had my partner beat it and i was there as witness, i'd congratulate the crap outta them. That shit is hard to do. Also, congrats!

• Honestly I probably wouldn't think of it. It's just a game not a real accomplishment

• Oh trust me, when it's something you've been working on forever, it's a huge accomplishment

• Yup I sure would lol! I definitely know the struggle because there's one game that I have had since I was like 9 or 10 (the legend of zelda: majora's mask) and I'm not using any walkthroughs to do it but even to this day I still can't beat it. I'm at the canyon temple now lol. When I beat this without any walkthroughs, I'm gonna have to put that accomplishment on my calendar. Might be another 10 years from now though... lmao!!!

• More from Girls
    36

What Guys Said 45

• Only if she beat Mike Tyson in Punch out

• If she clutched in GoW 3 or 2 I would cook her some food and give her a massage
    vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

• Of course, that should be obvious even if you are not into gaming all that much. It is an achievement!

• Sure if i had a partner who was into Video games
    and went to a higher level for sure i would compliment
    them all people like to feel that their cared for

• Yeah. Have you ever played Battletoads, the very first Castlevania game on the NES or the very first Ninja Gaiden game on the NES? All of these games are still hard as shit to be and right now, I'm still stuck on the middle of the campaign of Ninja Gaiden on my Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console.

• But I won't throw ballons and a party about it. Regardless of how difficult a lot of games can be, they're still games. lol

However, I would buy some beer, liquor or some sort of food, drinks or beverages to congratulate my partner with somewhere nice, peaceful and quiet with fresh air.

• I beat the first castlevania! and the third one which was pretty hard too!

• Of course. We would chest-to-breast bump no doubt!!

vodkaandcupcakesdotcom.files.wordpress.com/.../chest-bump.gif

• i'd try 2 surpass her :D

• Aw fuck yeah! Gimme that fuckin high five!! Right here mofo you gotta congratulate cause it takes fingering skills to beat a hard game. I beat zelda 1 and 2 and I gotta beat the ladies off daily.. ok not really but it feels amazing and really good to be acknowledged for it O:

• GIMME $100!

• If the child was 7 I would say good job but unlikely. Like a kid saying he went to the toilet without help, good job. A grown man playing a game, if he did not have 7 figures in the bank, he is just waisting life.

If the guy had only 1000 days of life left and he spent 3584 days playing a game, his grave marker would be presneted with his name on it that says, "here lies a fool".

• Sure lol. ( to short )

• You're having fun and a cute little comment to boost her confidence is always justified. Same as giving her a high five for getting a strike when bowling. 👏

• Yes I would, we would celebrate the victory together.

• I know it would be a huge and significant moment in her life and I would want to get her a medal or a plaque or something to commemorate her playing a video game and "winning." Taking her out to dinner would be a must.

• No I wouldn't it's just a video game sorry...

• Of course, I would. If it was L. A. Noire in particular then I would be very impressed ;P

• depends on the game

• I congratulate you for finding such an old game.

• Yeah, sure. I would rather she learn some Mortal Kombat combos and strategy, though.

• I just found a copy of that game! Haven't plugged it in yet, though 😃

• oh yeah, sure! Anything good happening is worth a congratulatory cheer! If it matters to my partner it will matter to me too. :)

• Yeah
    I usually do that xD celebrating together

• Yes why not it is an achievement

• I sure would! I congratulate even people I don't know.

• Hell ya I would, more so if I had played the game and understood the suffering though. My girlfriend finished Ocarina of Time on the 64 and I damn near cried haha

• Sure, why wouldn't I?

• a video game? I doubt it. Would she congratulate me on finishing my book? I doubt it... all so banal. Now if she got a promotion or opened a new company, I would congratulate her.

• Yes, because we all know girls are bad at games; I even congratulated her on beating Elmo's Letter Hunt!

• well done. that game really is a pain the ass. i doubt you'll get much praise from your mrs, but i recognize your achievement.

• Yes I would!

• More from Guys
    15