What annoys you more sexist people or racist people?

• Sexist people annoy me more.
  • Racist people annoy me more.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sexist people annoy me far more. Just because someone else has a different set of genitals doesn't mean you shouldn't see them as people.

• I agree. It is like when you hear girls say "men are all pigs" and guys say "girls are all bitches" I think have fun joining the forever alone club.

• Exactly! And thanks for mho! :)

• Yeah and your welcome.

What Girls Said 13

• Good question.

I'm a white woman, so sexism tends to affect me on a personal level, whereas racism doesn't. It's really frustrating and disappointing to hear people talking about awful women are, suggesting that all women are the same, more-or-less saying that we're inferior to men. It sucks when people say, "Women are like x", when what they're saying doesn't describe me or most of the women I know. Or when people expect women to act a certain way or fulfill a certain role that I wouldn't want for myself.

In some ways, it's a bit more difficult to understand, too. Like, I grew up in a predominately white town, so I didn't meet very many people from different racial or ethnic backgrounds. So, I can understand that some people may have grown up without really having the opportunity to get to know people from different races and having some of their stereotypes and prejudices dispelled. But like.. people have moms, sisters, aunts, female teachers, female classmates, female coworkers, etc. (and sexist women have dads, brothers, uncles, male teachers, classmates, and coworkers). You can't tell me that you've NEVER met people of the opposite sex who don't conform to your sexist ideas.

Or like... when I hear a man say something shitty about women, I think to myself: Wow, I'm not like that. I know lots of women that aren't like that. The fact that I dislike and disagree with the stereotypes men make about women makes me question the ideas I have about men and NOT make generalizations about them/act like they're all the same. It's strange to me that a lot of people (men and women) don't have the same sort of reaction. Like, if you disagree when a woman says, "All men are abusive," or "All men care about is sex", or "All men cheat", then why would you then go on to say, "All women women care about is money," or "All women are bitches", or "All women cheat"? Surely if you don't think all men are the same, it wouldn't make sense for you to think all women are the same.

So yeah, I guess I'd say that sexism annoys me more because I experience it on a more personal level, but that doesn't mean that I don't care about racism, or that I think sexism is worse than racism (I think they're both very harmful).

(Note: I focused more on sexism against women when I wrote this, but sexism against men exists too, and I also think it's shitty).

• It's like saying "do you want to break your left leg or you right leg?" Both are really horrible and sucky situations that we need to work to change.

• Haha yeah well I agree both are really horrible, I posted this because I was interested to see how the results panned out on a question that is hard to choose between the two options.

• Okay that IS super interesting. LOTS of thoughts on that one.

• Out of the people that actually did answer the question I asked it seems more people dislike people that are racist. I guess racism is more targeted a particular group of people. However, I feel sexism is more common in society than racism. Well that is what I have experienced anyway.

• I think both are equally as awful that's like asking me if I would rather someone hate me because I'm a woman or hate me cause I'm white, haha. I think discrimination of any sort is stupid.

• LMAO haha the reason I asked this is because both are very annoying and just wanted to see when people had to think about it which option they would lean towards and I have already seen a trend in the votes.

• Haha besides you actually failed to answer the question I actually asked in the first place lol.

• To be honest racist people don't bother me much because sometimes I get racist myself. I get that way when I see someone trying to attack one of my people because of their race. Sexist people annoy me more. I usually end up embarrassing them mercilessly because I have a cutting tongue.

• Thank you for actually answering the question I actually asked unlike some of the others. I think sexist people annoy me more to. I feel there is a bigger problem with sexist people in society than their is racist people.

• Racist people annoy me more because we had a civil rights movement, and all this stuff to obliterate racism, and they still have the nerve to be racist. Nothing seems to get through their thick skulls. Then again, sexism is annoying too, but not as annoying to me.

• There is nothing wrong with being sexist because men and woman were created differently.

• that's tough.. but racism just confuses me more. like really dude? you're going to judge someone because their skin tone is a littler darker? it is so inhumane.

• I will just vote

• There's just as much racism as sexism in society. Racism annoys me more because I'm affected by it and I can see it. Sexism is more subtle and really isn't bothering me that much

• Are you living in a country you have moved to? What I mean by that is where you born in another country and now live somewhere different and are experiencing racism in that way.

• Oh ok so when you say you are affected by racism I am guessing you get it personally directed at you do you?

• Yeah occasionally but it's all over the place

• Racism annoys me more. Especially when people deny it exists. Sexism is also annoying racism tends to occur more often.

• Both are worse kind of people. But racist people annoys me the most

• Racist people :(

• racist people, I usually ignore sexist people

What Guys Said 16

• Both type of people are annoying. It's just ignorant to discriminate against someone over something they are born with and have 0% control over.

• Rascim more cause that more of a hate thing. you know as toward sexism its. We dont take the other sex more seriously.

I don't like sexism either. because I'm a guy when Im at work we have to grab stock and put it away. And the first person they go to is me. Because I'm a guy there like you can lift all that I'm like shit man. and me. And the girl we will both have the same swift but they make me do it. Like I'm in shape and stuff but damn liftnf up 30 pound 15times a day is grrrr.

• People annoy me the most, no need to be prejudiced about what sort of prejudiced people annoy the most...

• Sexist because I'm from Eastern Europe and racism isn't really an issue here.

• Sexism, because it's often a lot more subtle and sometimes even accepted, especially when it happens to men.

• Spot on sexist women are much more accepted in society than sexist men.

• I guess I find sexist people much more annoying. Racist people are so absurd sometimes that I find them funny.

• Probably, sexists annoy me more. Not saying racists aren't a big deal, but in my observations I just see more things going with sexism these days.

• I agree I think there is way more sexist people in society than racist people.

• Leftists/liberals annoy me more than anyone else.

• People in general

• They're both equally annoying. >:(

• racist people
    //////////////////////

• I picked sexist..

• Both are unacceptable though

• neither bother me, haha

• Bo th filler filler

• sexist but i REALLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY hate racists too