Is it possible to have a trans "phase"?

Okay I'm sorry for using the word 'phase' because I know being trans isn't a phase and it's not something you just decide overnight. I know I know. But is it possible for someone to feel as if they are the opposite gender for a while then they start feeling more comfortable in their own body and decide they like being the gender they are?
And again I'm sorry if I'm making it sound like I think trans is just "Oh I think I want to be a girl. Wait nevermind" I knoooow that isn't what it is. But is it possible for someone to go "Actually I think I really am in the right body" ?

I'm not asking this for me by the way. It just came across my mind when seeing Caitlin Jenner

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it's possible.
    I've heard stories of people thinking they are trans , they do the full surgery and realize they made a mistake. They want to go back , but it's pretty much irreversible.

What Guys Said 2

• Ya, sure at 14 one is still developing their identity.

• Yeah, most likely.
    Trans people usually have some mental issues. I mean just because I feel like a dragon it doesn't mean I am a dragon.

What Girls Said 2

• You are a teenager it is normal to be confused about everything.

• probably. some people have a 'gay phase'