Do you ever sleep to avoid things?

Maybe it's just me. I'm forcing myself to sleep on and off today because when I'm sleeping I'm not stressing out about something.

Basically I sleep to avoid feelings.

Most Helpful Guy

• im gonna sleep to avoid wanking over your cleavage right now. holy dicks.

• I laughed. Thanks, needed that.

• Welcome, funny man.

• oh and that thing you do with your finger on your lip.. don't stop doing that <3

What Guys Said 15

• Sometimes I do sleep to avoid things but that isn't to often, most of the time I make myself a cocktail and smoke my pipe or cigar and listen to Frank Sinatra when I am stressed out about things that is my combo to get rid of most stress.

But most of the time I sleep because I love it, if there is one thing I do every single day it is an hour power nap. And on a stormy day where there is a lighting/thunder/rain storm, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell of me not taking a nap lol. And when I'm like that you can either get in or go away lol.

• Yeah. Sometimes if it's just been a bad day I'll just go to bed early to get this day over with so I can start a new day.

• Yes i do the same thing, some things are just drama
    that i just find unbearable to handle i know how you feel
    one night i got off the Internet shut my laptop down and
    shut my phone off and went to sleep was about to cry
    so the only way i can avoid for it to happen..

• 0|0
    • If you got problems, best to slam through them and dig them out from the roots as soon as you can. It's one thing to rest and regain your strength, and come back when you're strong enough to face the problem.

It's another to run away from them entirely.

Whichever one you are, that's up to you to decide.

• They're not really for me to figure through though. It's just the outcome that effects me and has me stressing out a little bit.

It's pretty much out of my hands.

• Sorry to hear that you are stressed - Yeah I think we all reach into our coping mechanisms drawer in situation like this - Keep the mechanisms positive - Whatever it is, thinking of you.

• Thank you :)

it's nothing life or death just more of a disappointment stress.

I'll get over it when the disappointment wears off I'm sure.

• It is your disappointment and important to you so we are still thinking of you here on GaG.

• Naaaa
    gotta face it sooner or later; and sleep is a rare treat ^_^
    If I find myself worrying about something, I tackle it as soon as possible and force myself to think it through.

Then... sleep ^_^

• hahhaha no... but sometimes i fall asleep even if i don't want 2

• If it's just for a day, I suppose why not, but it's not in my nature to sleep off / run away from problems. I only sleep at nights.

Don't keep this habit up, you might become ansomnic. It's not any better than insomnia.

• Nah not really.
    Sometimes I ACT like I'm sleeping to avoid peop — I mean stress.

• Well I sleep to avoid being tired if that counts : )

• I used to when I was sure that my several years long relationship was dying :)

• To avoid or not to avoid I like to sleep

• don't do that, when you wake up you will notice you wasted your life

• Na, if I'm stressed about something I can't sleep.

• Normally I'm the same but I have no control over fixing this situation, it effects me but its out of my hands. 😔

• A strong indica should do the trick then. lol

• I'm at most peace when I sleep. Then I wake up and reality hits

What Girls Said 12

• Sometimes its helpful.

Sometimes it too painful to be awake.

I don't get many days of extra sleep.
    But if I so happen to be stressed out or upset (and I have the time to do so), then I'll sleep to put myself in a better place.

• I wish I could do that. Unfortunately, when I have a problem, I can't sleep because I keep thinking about it. I can't have a good night of sleep until I fix my (most serious) problems.

• I'm the same, but the problem isn't in my hands to fix so I'm pretty sure that's what's making it easy for me to force sleep.

• Yes, in that case is a bit different, since you can't do anything about it. Still, I think so much that I'll eventually find something related that will keep me up :P

• Only every night! ;)

• No. I cannot sleep when I'm stressed. It will keep me up until I take care of what ever is stressing me out.

• Yeah I know that one. I've spent days in bed forcing myself to sleep to avoid my life.

Haven't done for a very long time now though.

• Hell yeah. I sleep to avoid everything.

• Yes but it never seems to work

• Yeah I do this plus sometimes sleep is just better then reality unless you have nightmares.

• I can't sleep on command.. I hate it!

• sometimes, I hope you feel better love! <3

• Yeah, I sleep like the sleeping beauty sometimes... Too much sleep.

• Totally. Whenever there's to much stress i have find that i want to sleep. it helps :)