Have you ever been to Paris?

I'm going to Paris in two weeks ♥ aand i'm just curious what's your experience with that city!

Most Helpful Guy

• nice city. great food. It takes a VERY LONG time to see all of it. Learn French or at least a little. Visit museums in evening - less crowded. Lots of PickPockets, get either a belly band or a neck wallet.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, I have, several times actually. The last time I went there was with my current girlfriend, two years ago. Because I am Swiss, it is quite easy to go to Paris. It just takes about 4,5 hours with the TGV (high speed train). I have a direct train connection from Zurich, which is very close to where I live, to Paris.
    I generally like Paris but it is not even closely as beautiful or romantic as many Americans believe it to be. The tourist attractions are nice and of course you've got to see the Eiffel tower once in your lifetime but there are also too many tourists. The food is good but the waiters are extremely arrogant and snobbish. Also, the subway stations were pretty dirty the last time I was there. Oh and what you actually get to see as a normal tourist is only the city center. Nobody wants to go to the Banlieues because there's lots of crime and they're very run down (ghettos basically).
    The best part about Paris in my opinion is the architecture and the art. My girlfriend studies art history and knows a lot about it, so we went to many different museums and that was really awesome. If you are into that kind of stuff, you should definitely do it. Don't just go to the Louvre, there are many other great museums.
    So yeah, all in all it's a nice city but honestly, I like London better and I also find some US cities such as New York, Washington D. C., Las Vegas or San Francisco more exciting and/or pretty than Paris. One thing I would love to do next time I go to France is visiting the countryside. I have been to the Provence before and I would love to go to the Normandie. Just stay in small country-side hostels, eat lots of good French cheese and olives, smell the lavender fields... that was great :-).

• thanks for your comment, it's so helpful! :) i'm from poland so it also doesn't take so much time to go there. heard that the city is pretty overrated but I still hope that it'll be a wonderful time being there :D

• yeah and i bought a coat there LOL

• best memory from paris ever! :D guess it's a REALLY good coat

• I have family in Paris, I spent months in Paris.
    It's a great city.

• Its kind of a dump and people are asshats

• I have been. By car - bad idea.

• I'd love to go to Paris!!

• It's not like in the movies, but not a dump either.

• They just removed that bridge with43tons of love locks

• No, but I have close friends who have. They loved it! They're talking about moving there one day!

• I thought it was grotty beyond the tourist areas.

What Girls Said 8

• No, I've never been there.
    But it definitely strikes my interest.
    It seems like a lovely place to go to.

• Yes, I was there just 11 months ago. I expected it to be way better... There are too many tourists and it was loud which killed the atmosphere. But there are a lot of monuments to see and the boulangeries (bakeries) are dreamy :D
    To sum it, Paris is worth visiting but in my opinion it is over-rated.

Have a nice trip :)

• thank you so much :) and yea i heard the bakeries are wonderful. I want to try macarons so badly! ♥

• No, but I'd love to go someday.

• Not my kind of city.

• Nope, I've always wanted to though. Ahh I still got time

• Its a big city like every other big city whith its own interesting places. Depending on how many days, decide first what you want to see. And yes, speak french, it helps a lot. And the underground works perfect.

• I visited Paris 2 years ago and am going again in 2 weeks :D

• To Disneyland Paris yeah haha. And to the Sea Life Centre, that was good; sea lions swam under our feet and over our heads ^_^

• wow cool :D i'm going to asterix park instead of disneyland ew, but I hope there will be fun too! ^ ^

• Oh that's cool; my school ran a trip there but unfortunately for my year it was cancelled because our teacher was having a lot of time off because of personal issues :( . I hope you have a good time!