What is the point of snapchat?

Someone please enlighten me.

Most Helpful Guy

• The idea is to send people pictures, that cannot be traced. Facebook and Twitter have posts which are archive by the app administrators. Snapchat doesn't do that.

The pictures "disappear " after being up for x amount of seconds.

If someone screenshots your photo, you be notified when it happens, and whoever did it.

----

Pretty much this app is dynamo for sexting or sending other inappropriate / illegal things without consequence. :)

What Guys Said 11

• As far as I can tell it's for swapping photographs, sometimes naughty ones! If used carefully, it can be useful. But do NOT get drawn into sending any naughty pics. Once they leave your phone or computer, you have no control over where they end up.
    It's really just one of so many social media apps that can text and send pics. Some can send vids as well. There are also live vid apps and live vid websites.

• ... Titties <3

• People have been known to use it for nudes and stuff. I use it to talk to people, and I balance grenades on my dog's head. Plus I record myself singing badly for fun. Oh, and then there's what happens at college. Let's not get into that.

(I use it for fun)

• Nudes pretty much.

• So a perv can get pics of females to wack too
    do you listen to the news about Snapchat wow
    you would have permanent curly hair if you listened?

• just like MSN... another nstant messanger

• As far as I'm aware, sexting.

• It's a new trend of some sort that people use.

• "Snaps the finger and a hi appears"

TAaaaDAaaaaa

• its like if you are a real person... sanpchat me

• Never used it. Heard a lot of people use it for sexting since it purges everything you send through it. Only person I know who uses it uses it to share memes, I'm left asking why people don't just text this stuff.

What Girls Said 8

• Snapchat was originally made specifically for sexting - people could send sexual images, knowing they will permanently delete themselves after a set time, therefore avoiding the recipient saving and sharing the image. This is why it lets users know if someone has screenshotted the image, to avoid the sender sending them any more sexual images.
    For some reason though, teenagers have taken over it and use it to send pointless, random pictures to their friends, to let them know how "cool" they are and what they're doing. It's a new way of keeping in contact with friends, without having to save all the messages to your phone.

• its like a pic like where you can like take a picture and like post it for a quick second and then like it deletes itself ! it is soooo cool! OMG!! you really need to like try it! social media is like awesome!

• Well I use snapchat to send selfies/videos to friends that they can only watch once. Plus it is nice to know if they took a screenshot of your photo = saved it. However I only use it for fun. You can also chat on snapchat but it sucks since you need to doubletap the text so it doesn't get deleted.

• Be careful!! Don't be fooled by thinking you will know if screenshots are taken. I can take screenshots and vid grabs and nobody knows!!

• How do you do this? I thought the only way to do it without knowing is to take a photo with another phone :o But I am on the safe side, the worst I do is sending ugly selfies to friends haha. @dogbert777

• You can run all these apps on a PC using an emulator. Makes your PC look like a phone. You can then run screen capture progs and video grabbers without anyone knowing. So naughty pics can be saved and distributed anywhere. Shame so many young girls don't know this!!

• I don't know either, and I got to know about it because of my best friend, she wants me to snapchat with her. You know when will this happen... 😂😂😂

• Something I'd like to know too

• To keep in touch with your friends. To see what everyone is doing. To show off how much "fun" you are having. To make talking to your friends more fun.

• It is also used for sexting 😉 However, there is a thing called screenshot people😐

• The app lets u know who and when your pic is screenshot 'd, so u know who to raise hell towards! :)

• Haha yes, ik @Prof_Don't but, unfortunately that doesn't stop some people from doing it.

• To me it's about random things people do and send pictures of. I send snapchats to my friends of some funny stuff I saw or just random shit..

• There is none :)