What do you do when living makes no sense anymore?

How do you get the strength to keep going when things just keep getting worse? I've never been good at dealing with bad stuff. I feel like shit and I know things won't get better anytime soon :'( everything is fucked up.

Most Helpful Guy

• What you should do is get some professional help. I know the idea of seeing a therapist is scary, but it's the best thing you could do for yourself. I started therapy a few months ago and have been kicking myself for not getting help sooner. Simply because I have already noticed a improvement in my over all quality of life.

If you feel like talking to someone who has been where you are and want some info on what you can expect when it comes to therapy, shoot me a message. I'm always willing to lend someone an ear so to speak.

• I've had therapy before and it was awful lol but that was probably because the therapist were shit and biased so yeah I guess you're right.

I tried to get therapy for another issue not so long ago but I had to stop because I can't afford it right now but I guess I'll give it another shot after saving some money.

• Do you have Headspace in your area?
      I can't afford to see a GP or counsellor at the moment either, but I'm able to see both through that program. It's all confidential and actually the only place I've managed to find a female GP.

• @baileyisdarcy no, the country I live in is pretty awful when it comes to those things haha

What Guys Said 8

• You're right, everything is messed up, but just because of that doesn't mean you have to give up. You're feeling terrible and you have every right to feel so. The fact is that this world is for those that fight, that take an stand and stick it to the universe. Be one of those people. No matter how hard life gets, know that this is all just an epic test that is designed to mold you into something beautiful.

There's a really great saying I read the other day: It's the same boiling water that softens the potato and hardens the egg. It's not the circumstance that makes us who we are, but what we're made of inside.

Go out there and and take life by the balls. Fight forever and never surrender! When things get bad, give the universe the finger. When you come out tops, you'll look back at this day and it'll make your victory ever sweeter. And you know what? You'll be one of those special individuals who made it to the top not because you stood on those around you, but because you never gave up when things got tough. You'll develop an appreciation for life unlike any other person out there.

• There is a done of sh** you can do.

Meditation (reduces stress) I started meditating at 12... And 98% of the time I'm happy AF and the happyness started after a few weeks of on and off meditating.

Lucid dreaming (a dream which you know you're dreaming and you feel like you're awake inside a dream and you can DO WHATEVER YOU WANT like fly to space etc and it'll be as realistic as real life)

Now for the perception side:

If you're at rock bottom.. there's only 1 way seems as you're at the bottom... Is UP.

Start apprecating and being grateful for the things you have like food/phone/internet/life

Phyically: Cardio (it boosts seritonin the feel good horemone)

• wouldn't it b better to cheer up?

• I doubt it. You're probably exaggerating and on top of that unwilling to adapt and make things happen in your favor. Nothing is really that bad, even when it is...

• Eat some bakewell tarts then get back to work.

• for me life has meaning, purpose and absolutely makes sense. there is no desperation, no deadends in Christ. i know i'm a psychosomatic being co-created by God and my earthly parents, called to reach divinity and unity with Him.

• I have considered suicide, but realized that there are always other options and perspectives. We are the one who make "sense" out of living... no others...

What Girls Said 2

• I know how you feel, I struggle with depression a lot so bad things always feel like a big deal lol. But you just sort of have to change your out look on things and life. My grandmother passed away a couple of years ago, she was like my mom, I took care of her for years before she died and watching her die and struggle with cancer and the pain from it and watching how she never let it get her down was such an inspiration. It felt like my world fell apart when she passed away but it also taught me to be happy with life and not take it for granted, things may seem like a big deal at times but life is full of amazing things, amazing people and great experiences and you never know when it could end so try to enjoy it the best you can.

Just try taking care of yourself better if you don't already. Eating right, exercising because sometimes just being too worn out to think is a good thing lol, maybe get a pet if you don't have one? I love jogging with my dogs it really helps relieve stress. You could also try meditation, I love the Chakra meditation videos on Youtube, you could do yoga from your home with Youtube videos as well, go out with friends, volunteer, do things that get your mind off of it and help motivate you, just some ideas.

• Eating right, getting a pet and hanging with friends are things I can't do now haha but I guess I'll try meditation. Thanks!

• Aww i'm sorry and I hope things get better for you!

• Thank you :)

• I've been having a pretty fucked up time myself. School has really been stressful. Anyway, I keep going because throughout my lifetime, I've always noticed and experiences that there has always been a rainbow after a storm. I feel pretty shitty myself, which is why I'm going to do everything in my power to not feel this way. You identify the root of the problem and tackle it head on. And if in your case this isn't possible, simply wait until things get better. They almost always do.