How long does it take for bees to die?

There is a bee in my room and I don't know what to do. If it was a mosquito or a fly I would try to kill it but bees sting when attacked or provoked. Will it die it if is away from its hive for more than 4 days?

Most Helpful Guy

• Best is to open the window and chase the bee towards the window with an object. Like a cloth or so. No touching indeed or it will sting!
    I'm afraid it may take days to die and you don't want to sleep with a bee in the room :o

• Thanks for the MH, hope bee problem is now behind you :D

• It died! My mother killed it by vacuming it into the vacume.

• I see... that will have been effective I guess... bye bye bee :-)

What Guys Said 7

• just catch it and put it outside. they dont actively attack people. use a cup and some paper.

Im and ecologist, and bees are on a global decline, which is really sad as they literally have a direct benefit on agriculture.

Even if it were to sting you, it doesn't hurt.

• a week at most i guess

• Queen's average: 3 to 4 years
    Worker bees: few weeks in the summer and several months in areas with extended winter

source Wikipedia

• It depends, if it's a honey bee or something else, but no, they take a lot longer, but what you can do is open a window, and they'll go after the sun.

• have you tried opening a window? bees also die after stinging, its wasps (hornets) that are worse. they will keep stinging.

• Only a master can answer a guru's question.

• If you starve it I will still take many days. Let it go out the window

What Girls Said 5

• can't you just open a window and hope it leaves

• ... catch and release it. Those things are dying out, man. We need them.

• Do you know what raid flying insect spray is?

• It won't purposely try to sting you, just trap it in a glass and release it outside.

• Just try to kill it, if by some way it stings you, it will die anyways.