Buffulo Wild Wings or Marshalls; More money as waitress or retail sales person?

This summer I'm going to work two jobs and do a summer class. I'm not sure if I can handle all that. But if it proves to be stressful I want to know which job I should keep. Marshalls pays me 9.00 an hour paycheck every fridayand the hours are inconsistant 2-3 days. Buffulo wild wings will pay me 9.25 an hour as a cashier bi-weekly. But I may make more as a server in tips. Are there any people that have worked retail and the restuarant business and know which one gave them more money during the time they were in school?

• Waitress
  • retail sales person
Also please mention your experiences and reasons for choosing your answer!^^

Most Helpful Guy

• Retail. Tipped employees really don't make as much as you think, trust me

What Guys Said 4

• waitress... perfect

• 9.25 is awesome for a waitresses. I know waitresses that make over 700 a week and are not receiving that hourly wage.

Both jobs you are on your feet all day. Just depends on how much you want to deal with people complaining about returns and sales or people who can get a bit tipsy. Both jobs have rude people.

• it's 9.25 for cashier I haven't found out what waitress's make hourly since that's what they want to place me for not what I chose.

• You would still get tips. It's just some guys tip more when flirted with. It's the guy who decides if you are giving him false sense. Personally I do not see it as morally wrong. There are people who have personalities that are considered flirty. Was just trying to say you could meddlesome extra cash out of some guys.
      I will say though both jobs suck when it comes to customers.

• ok thank you! I should have made you mho.^^

• If you're attractive, definitely go for the Wild Wings place or waitress.

• Why does attractiveness matter? Aren't I supposed to get tips based on how hard I worked and how well I served you.

• haha. guys tip way more to attractive girls who flirt.

• Yeah flirting is not my thing. I have no idea how to do it. I'm too straight forward in my way of thinking to do it.

• Take the extra money and invest it so you don't have to work there forever.

• when you say invest do you mean stocks? sorry I'm not all too informed when it comes to finances.

• If you're already going to school then just focus on finishing so you don't have to be a waitress forever.

• that was already the plan.

What Girls Said 2

• Retail is better.

• I work retail and it's definitely easier but you probably make more as a waitress.