My sister has put me in charge of making a grocery list. Her only two requirements are that it's a cheap list, and the food is healthy. I don't think she realizes cheap and healthy don't exactly... go.. hand in hand. And by cheap I mean the absolute MOST she'll want to spend is $180.00 MAYBE. That's probably even a stretch. This list has to last us a minimum of 2 weeks.
Any tips or tricks or healthy meal ideas that are cheap?
Most Helpful Girl
- mixed vegetables from wal-mart (costs $2.50 - $5.00) and lasts a week or more
- edamame - almost a complete protein and around $5.00
- chicken drumsticks $8.00 - cook them
- fish sticks - $5.00 for a 2-3 week supply
- jumbo hot dogs - $5.00 pack containing 22 hot dogs1