Since the USA apparently isn't the greatest country in the world anymore, what country is?

So apparently it's a horribly wrong outlook to view the USA as the greatest country in the world anymore.
We've got a bunch of problems, like poverty, crime, obesity, racism, sexism, greed, (apparently no other country in the world has these problems) and basically being all around evil.
So if the United States of America is not the greatest country in the world, what country is?
Why do you choose this country?
What sets it apart and above the USA and hundreds of other sovereign nations?
I personally think we're doing all right. There is SO MUCH MORE we could do better, but we're hardly horrible.
We lead the world in things like private charitable donations, which I think is pretty sweet.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no "greatest country". America has problems, but so does every other country. I'm not saying any country is better than another. Each country has it's own specific problems that pertain to that country. These problems depend on type of leadership, geography, resources, funds, etc. So America never was the greatest country, and it never will be. Comparing countries is like comparing an apple to an orange. It's an unfair comparison because they're different places.

• during the industrial age america was undoubtedly the greatest country because it had the best and most advanced everything.

• The industrial age actually started in Great Britain in 1760, so America was actually behind.

What Girls Said 6

• Australia won that award at one point but I don't think they are the best. Their technology is inferior - VERY INFERIOR to America, their health care is horrible as they do not have health care insurance - if you need surgery and don't have money you will die.

• I still love my country!
    💜💜💜 the USA✌

• Apparently, it's horribly wrong and all around evil to whom?

The biggest problem in this country is that people all too often want to pretend problems aren't happening and attack the messenger. The other, which relates to the first, is exceptionalism. Exceptionalism is always an ignorant idea and has never served this country well.

In any given country, most people are basically good and decent people, who happen to have a litany of unresolved problems. Americans are no different.

• America. It must still be!

• Every country has its problems so I don't think that there is any country that will be considered the greatest especially the USA.

• I've never believed the US is the greatest. They all have their problems

What Guys Said 12

• Lol I can list several countries with these problems

poverty, crime, sexism, greed

At least we don't have population control laws like China were they will murder children if a family has to many, or extreme poverty like Africa ( ours is still pretty bad but not to their level ) or Africa's major pirate and terrorist problems or the horrible treatment given to people in the middle east, beheading, burning, drowning, stoning, basically the enslavement of women, and of course terrorist groups. Or the communist regime of Vietnam or half of Korea. Or you could be in the Russian Siberian prisons

All in all there are far worst places you could be then America our problems right now are pretty much the government, economy, immigration, crime, greed but greed is something that every country on earth has so, that doesn't mean much. We have problems yes and we will fix them, but there are much worst places you could be.

• Hey I love the USA Phoenix, I'm just trying to see since everyone is always putting it down, can anybody name one that is better across the board.

• O no worries I know you do, it was mostly for other people lol.

• The charitable/volunteer work that we do in the US really is amazing. I'm glad yomu brought that up.

For your question, I don't think we were ever really the greatest country. Maybe the most powerful, yeah, but those times are long gone, created by a very unique (and unfair) set of circumstances.

It seems likely that, going forward, the US will be one of several major powers: us, China, Russia, India, and perhaps even Brazil, who is emerging.

Anyway, I like your outlook. We get a lot right, and we should strive to be even better. I can totally get on board with that.

• Canada , maybe Australia , maybe New Zealand, I would say the UK but it's ehhhhh embroiled in a political war.

• Canada. It's superior to the US in almost every way. Canada has a wealthier middle class, a universal health care system that actually works, a government that doesn't blatantly disregard its citizens and their rights like how the US does, a much better reputation among the world, better looking geography, just to name a few. The only things the US has over Canada is military strength, and their currency doesn't look like Monopoly money.

• Universal health care system that WORKS? Isn't that a contradiction in terms? But I digress.
      Disregarding my disdain for universal health care, if Canada's system is so great, why do so many Canadians go to the U. S. for health care? Why is the average wait time for specialized care four months? Why do people have so much trouble even getting a CT scan?

• Also I'm aware that some things with Obamacare have been lifted or approved, but it's still mediocre.

• That's all right.
      Like I tell a lot of people, even if you want universal healthcare, heck, ESPECIALLY if you want it, you shouldn't b a fan of Obamacare.

• china maybe?

• The frosty popsicle to the north!

• New Zealand has the most freedom. Also has hobbits which is a plus.

• There is no such thing every country has plenty of problems no peace on Earth sigh

• There is no "greatest country", there are only countries.
    However, I'd rather choose a country that has not killed thousands of innocents for profit in the last 200 years and made it look good.

• Find one.
      I'll wait.
      Plus, the country going to war for a real reason and companies from the country profiting off of it does not mean the country went to war FOR profit.

• I'll give you that one, the love of money is the root of all evil.
      People always seem to take that to mean MONEY is the root of all evil.
      Not true.
      The majority of most companies don't hoard their money.
      They don't put it in a plastic bag and stuff it under their collective beds.
      To stay a company, a company had to make a profit.
      This doesn't mean that all the majority of companies care about is money, it just means they have to give serious considerations to making it.

• If weapon companies have to start a war to make, money, causing the death of thousands, they will.
      If a dictator asks them to break the law and give him guns (possibly aiding that person in genocide), they will.

• Iraq.

you know...

• The USA has always had these problems. I do not know any country that does not suffer from these.

• I'd go with norway