Why are people obsessed with batman/heroes in general?

Seems like every guy I know loves Batman. I don't see it

Most Helpful Guy

• The dark knight - Be a hero and a bit evil, a lot of guys' fantasy.

What Guys Said 4

• I've never really been into super heroes. When I was in theaters today there was a trailer for a superhero movie called ant man. I thought that was pretty ridiculous.

• Because one of the biggest male fantasies is being a fighter for a just cause, as well as Batman being a general badass.

Women's fantasies usually seem to revolve more around sex and being dominated, like 50 shades of grey...

• Women like superheroes too.

We all have sexual fantasies. You got off topic but ok

• Hmm, I'm sure women like superheroes as well, but it's a different way. We men have a fantasy of being a fighter, of fighting for a noble cause, of being on team, etc. I kinda doubt that's the attraction women have for superheroes...

• Because it's Batman, that's the only reason we need lol

• I don't even know.. My brother said it's because of he Dark Knight. It brought back the fans excited

What Girls Said 5

• Well there's a lot that goes into society's interest in superheroes.
    First and foremost there's escapism, they're pretty out there, and even when they have major issues it's far from us and their abillity to overcome odds is uplifting.
    There's the fact that the guys and girls are hyper exaggerated versions of the gender they are, they embody what we want to be, rather it's suave and funny, or strong and resilient
    There's also the nostalgia value from childhood that plays a large role because in some way we remember this and even the costumes bring us back to our child hood.
    Nowadays there's also the ability to hit upon major political issues as well as societal issues with a clean buffer of fantasy preventing things getting too dark.
    There's also the idea of these heroes holding higher morals as something inspiring.
    I've also read fascinating articles discussing how modern heroes are a continuation of ancient mythology at least in nature :)
    Hope that answers it.

• It's someone to be a role model.

• He's my favorite fictional character because he's well-written and his questionable morals make him really interesting

• What questionable morals...

• Like how he takes the law in his own hands and sometimes goes to extremes to solve cases. He even spies on governments, and the JLA members who are on the same team as him

• Yes. I like the Joker too

• cause hot men are play the roles of super heroes...

• Persoanlly, I love comics/graphic novels. Batman is cool (well written and interesting storylines), Nightwing is also cool but I like Batwoman. J. H. Williams art style is what hooked me!

http://i.imgur.com/EKrxxUx.jpg

I came for the art, stayed for some of the stories (in various comics). I love X-Men the most though.

• OMG I loved that whole run, but yep you're spot on (but Tim is better then Nightwing *cough cough*)

• Oh Tim is cool, too! :D