What is up with my puppy?

Okay so I got a new puppy last week, he's 6 months old and recently he's been trying to hump me like ALL the time.. wtf... It's awkward and really embarrassing especially when there's company over. I don't know if something in specific is triggering this behavior or if it's "normal" in young pups. Do I spank him or something? I usually just yell no and push him away. Info about him: his name is Duke, he's 6 months old, German Shepard, fixed. Thanks in advance

Most Helpful Guy

• He is just being a dog but yes correct that always and put him in his crate or where ever for a time out. Never act like its funny because that will send him mixed signals. He will figure it out when everytime he does it u yell at him and put him somewhere were he can't see u and if anybody home. He is like a baby but he will learn

What Guys Said 4

• This is normal for male dogs of any age, but it happens most when they are young and horny. Your dog's balls have been cut off, I would not have expected this to happen. A squirt with a water pistol should work. Do not hit him (ever, for any reason).

• That's what I wanted to know. I'm not fond of hitting animals plus I don't want him to be afraid of me I just want him to stop. Thanks 👍🏻

• What's up with your puppy is that he's a lucky son of a bitch.

All jokes aside, I think that's normal.

• I'd hump your leg too. He's just a smart pup.

• It's normal in dogs.

What Girls Said 5

• That's pretty weird considering he's a large breed who is fixed. I would wait until he's like a year old before you panic about it.

• PS do NOT hit your dog. If you can't handle a dog without hitting it you shouldn't have an animal.

• I would never, personally. But a few people suggested that so I asked

• Good. Dogs learn best from positive association. So when you push him off and he stops tell him "good" and give him a treat.

• That's normal. Was he fixed? If not then that's totally normal. If he is then maybe it was done too late. They normally do it early so the dogs don't get into the habit of doing it. Telling him no and pushing him away is fine but maybe you could get a spray bottle. Make sure that sound really upset when you say no because that will help him understand that it's not acceptable.

• Did you get him neutered? If not you should.

• Yeah, he was already neutered when I got him. that's why it's so annoying because I was told this wouldn't happen since he's fixed

• Lol no don't spank him. you could get one of those citrus sprays from the pet store and spray him when he does it.

• Well, he's like a teen boy... he will try to hump anything with a pulse, if he gets the chance. Lol he will grow out of it.