Why do flight attendants wake you up to ask if you want drinks?

Not like you can miss the drink cart... and if I was thirsty I'd be looking for the drink cart... if I'm asleep just assume I don't need drinks.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know but flying is the worst

• Seiously? What flight do you take?
    They never wake me up.

I would prefer them to wake me up

• Not all, some let you sleep.

What Guys Said 5

• It's because there will always be at least one passenger out of 200 who will through a huge hissy-fit if allowed to sleep through drink service only to be told when he/she wakes up that they can't be served something to drink.

Like everything else, one unreasonable person is enough to make everything dumb.

• I think a part of it is due to the climate in the plane as well as the air-pressure. Both require a stable blood-circulation and dry you out. Drinking = no dehydration = less likely to have blood-pressure issues.

At least that would be my guess, as I have had it twice already that people needed medical attention during a flight.

• Anything to make money for airline

• Probably because some bean-counting arsehole in management has told them to do it.
    The bean counters want to sell you over-priced drinks. They do not care about you self-evident desire to sleep.

• So they don't have to deal with you later when you wake up and want something to drink.