Why are boys not attracted to me?

I'm 19. My friends are all so pretty and outgoing and get noticed all the time by guys. I'm pretty outgoing but I can be shy when I'm not in my comfort zone. I would say that I'm not ugly but I'm not amazing either. I have braces and a big nose. But surely some boys would be attracted to me, but no, none. Why don't boys ever pay attention to me? What am I doing wrong? :(

Most Helpful Guy

• It's mostly about looks for guys especially when they're young :/

What Guys Said 9

• Without seeing a photograph of you and speaking with you that question cannot be answered.
    What I can say is that when thinking of men think back to the T-Rex in Jurassic Park. Men are visually-stimulated sexual hunters.
    We have to like what we see to be motivated enough to be (a) interested enough to want to mate and (b) interested enough to risk rejection (which happens most of the time).
    Imagine if it was the social convention that you had to approach the males. Imagine if you had been rejected, sometimes in vicious ways, by a few hundred males. How reluctant might you become to approach another one?
    Braces on your teeth is not a big deal. The day will come when the dentist will remove them, so it would be an idiot male who would be deterred by that.
    Big nose, that is not a female characteristic, so on an instinctive level men find that unattractive. Women have smaller noses, on average. That is one of the physical differences between us. So, when a male sees a female who ha a large nose, on some instinctive subconscious level a big red light that says 'male' goes off in his mind.
    Without seeing the aforementioned nose, it is impossible to say whether or not most of the problem is in your self-perception, rather than reality. Girls are usually brutally hard on themselves and can see an imperfection that does not exist, or see one to be far worse that it is.

• Maybe they do, but due to the fact that you're shy when you're not in your comfort zone some may not approach you. Or you're just being unlucky.

• I would be happy to give you some style advice if you want.

I think you should figure out what kind of guy you want to attract, and then what is standing in your way. You can do that by simply asking guys you are attracted to what kind of girls they like. Ask enough, and you should get some common traits. Then see if you can adopt those traits.

• Show us a picture.

It is possible that you are overlooked because, as you have stated, you are surrounded by hot friends.

• I have a big nose and rocked braces for 8 years... I feel your pain. You aren't doing anything wrong in fact you are probably quite pretty. It may not be that guys don't notice you but that the guys you want to notice you aren't.

• Put yourself out more...

• Try being more friendly twords boys that might help

• Braces is no big deal. Neither is a big nose. What's your size, hight, weight, measurements, hair type/style?

• Because you tend to blend into the wallpaper and people don't get crushes on people they don't notice.

What Girls Said 1

• Hmmm well young guys tend to go for looks unfortunately, they might be intimidated by you, they don't notice you as much if your a little shy, and maybe some boys do find you very attractive but they're too shy to say it... girls aren't the only ones who get shy...