Why is living with family such a negative? Maybe I don't want to live alone and I am no where near living with someone. Is this really a huge issue?

If I am helping with bills and am focused on school why is this such an issue? I am still a responsible caring person. I'm no where near boring or a shut in either. If I want to go out all the time and barely spend time at home what does it matter where I sleep. Is this really such a negative I like having my family at home and living alone doesn't sound appealing. What's the problem?

Most Helpful Girl

• At 23 it is okay to live on your own. Its when you are older that living on your own is expected from people but if you help the family, then you are independent so its fine to live with them. Many people allow their parents to live with them rent free when they are adults and they are taking care of their parents - not the other way around.

• Right now we take care of each other. I think that's reasonable but I feel like girls expect more which why I feel I'm not yet ready for dating?

What Girls Said 1

• 23 isn't a big deal. There's a guy on GAG that is 35 and lives in his parents basement.

What Guys Said 2

• There is no problem. Anyone who has a problem with you living at home is an idiot.
    It is the cheapest way for you to live, especially while you are a student.

• When you grow up you're expected to be independent that's all