Why do so many people hate transgenders?

Reading some of the comments make me sick to my stomach that people can be so hateful... Some of these people actually commited suicide because the bullying was so bad...

http://m.newnownext.com/bullied-teen-commits-suicide-days-after-coming-out-as-transgender-second-for-school-in-2-years/05/2015/

Of course you guys don't need to fully support it... but to bully someone for being transgender? That is so messed up... You guys can express your opinions without spreading hate, guys... they didn't do anything to you... That's all I'm saying...

Most Helpful Guy

• People can't handle what's "different". Life isn't what they expected it to be so they lash out. Barely any of them have read about the struggles of those who are transgendered or know anyone who is transgendered. They choose not to sympathize with people who felt they were in the wrong body from a very young age. They choose not to understand how terrifying it is when puberty hits for transgendered individuals and their body turns into more of a foreign object to them. At least attempt to understand how horrifying such a thing might be for someone.. Imagine you woke up inside a body that felt foreign to you because it was of a different gender than you felt you were.. Imagine this was going on your entire life and there was nothing you could do about it.. Now with hormone treatments started before puberty mixed with eventual surgery these people feel a sense of hope.. Now imagine that hope being dashed when you realize nobody treats you with dignity and respect both before and after transitioning.. People don't even have the decency to use the pronouns you desire.. Even family don't support you and some want nothing to do with you.. I implore everyone to please close your eyes and try to imagine what this might be like. Things in life aren't as black and white as we'd like them to be.

In many states in the U. S. (You can guess where) transgendered and others in the LGBT community can be fired from their jobs or kicked out of their apartments just for being open with how they are because there's no anti discrimination laws in those states. They find themselves very much alone without a stable source of income. Then people wonder why depression is much higher among transgendered individuals. Then people ignorantly blame the condition instead of society's reaction to it.

Try to imagine this was your brother or sister or son or daughter.

What Guys Said 25

• Because society is full of close minded assholes.

• Generally because they lack two things. Empathy and compassion. Without empathy they can't imagine how they could possibly feel, and jus view them as this strange alien 'other' that conflicts to with their understanding of the world. And without compassion they don't care if they hurt others, or if their words do damage. Bad humans, in my opinion. They don't have to like it, but to bully and threaten and be so vile, they are missing the fire elements that elevate humans from animals preying on the weak.

• why do people hate transgenders? the same reason there's racism, classism, etc... there's still a lot of ignorance, intolerance and close mindedness in this world

• Anything that quickly becomes "popular" or the "hot topic" is also quickly hated and criticized.

It's the same people who HATE nickleback, creed or whatever other band that becomes a cult to say you hate. Why do they hate these bands? They write and perform their own songs? If you don't like the music.. no big deal but HATE?

So Bruce had a sex change, he's not the first however media as propelled his transformation so all the hipsters and angry people start coming out of their basements with their pitch forks and hate.

Guess what? Know who i hate? The freaking wrong way drivers who are under the influence killing people here in San Diego. I hate them.

Who else do i hate? The guy who electrical taped his dogs mouth shut which cause the dog to get surgery.

Caitlin Jenner? honestly i find her more interesting but "hate" her? it's retarded people care that passionately about this than actual problems.

• Haters gonna hate

gifsec.com/.../...It-starcraft-video-games-GIF.gif

You can't change haters because haters only know hate

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

• They hate what they don't understand. Simple.

It brings people out of their comfort zones knowing there's a more colorful version of what they thought was only binary. People don't like to be questioned. People don't like change.

• People just don't want to accept what doesn't make sense to them.

• Well based on mere biology studies, you're supposed to be XX or XY, and that's as far as you go.

• Gender is a complicated topic... it's much more than that. It's hormones, genetics, and more.

• Simply put, people dislike transgender people because they see them claiming to be 'women' as males, or 'men' as females, people find that deceptive. That you are essentially lying about what is between your legs. People claim "that is none of your business" but that is just denial. If you want to consider a relationship with someone, it obviously matters whether they have a penis or a vagina.

That, and they differ from the "norm", the norm that was rigidly forced upon the majority of children. The weird part is that they don't enforce "how to not be an asshole to others for no reason" instead.

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• What's in between your legs isn't your gender, it's your sex. There are some people who feel the genitals they have are incongruous with how they feel their gender should be, like they're trapped in the wrong body. Obviously there's no denying that your chromosomes and genitals are definitively your sex. BUT, no one should have the right to deny someone of their right to identify with a different gender.

• @itsallover I think the problem IS with the identification. Expressing yourself in a way associated with a given sex should be okay.

• I think the biggest issue - and why there is so much aversion to it - is that it gets shoved down peoples throat that it is something normal while there are several people disagreeing with. In the recent example of Bruce Jenner it would be him getting some sort of medal for it. That's simply ridiculous.

Now why do people bully? They bully the weakest link. That's very often transgenders as even the transitioned ones have ridiculously high suicide rates which can't be explained only with bullying. To some extent humans are still animals who operate in hierachies with people on the top and on the bottom.
    Needless to say that active bullying is wrong, but one should be allowed to disagree with it and state that disagreement.

To transgender itself: I, and quite a few others, think it is not something normal, but a mental disorder. The said huge suicide rates among transitioned transgender surely have partly to do with the discrimination, but even more so with these people being mentally ill.

These people suffer from an identity disorder and being someone else, at least physically, seems for them to be the easy way out. It's the mindset of the grass is always greener on the other side.
    It is the futile attempt of being different than who you are already on a biological basis. Reality though is that you are either a man or a woman - bar the few exceptions who have XXY or XYY chromosome and some other rare genetical mutations. You are a man or a woman and no amount of useless rhetoric, hormones and genital mutiliation will change that

Being biologically a man or a woman doesn't mean that all men display only masculine and all women display only feminine behaviour. That there are grey zones inbetween should be common sense.

The problem these days though is that people demand they are whatever gender they wish to be, including tons of made up genders (i. e. otherkins and the likes). This has nothing to do with being mentally healthy, but is at best attention-seeking and at worst a serious mental issue based on self-hate, lacking grasp of reality, cognitive dissonances and/or body integrity identity disorder imbedded in the hope that their mental health becomes better upon reaching the other side.

And in all honesty, for most TGs you can still see the men and it's offputting to a lot of people. Just that barely anyone dares to speak it out, because political correctness is the modern way of censorship and the majority of people are nice enough to not say it.

• Lots of stuff gets "shoved down people's throats"

• And just because lots of stuff gets shoved down peoples throat, you can't be annoyed by it?

Weird logic you got there.

• Lol I didn't even say that. You have every right to be

• People are afraid of what they do not understand. Sometimes this comes out as aggression. Of course, the classic situation is that it makes them question themselves.

I used to know this guy when I was your age. He was older and always making fun of same sex oriented men. He would put a swish in his walk and talk in an obvious lisp and then laugh.

One day, that man propositioned me for sex. When I turned him down flatly, he was rude to me after that.

• Wow, that isn't cool.

• I don't dislike them, don't like them, I just don't know what my best reaction should be: being supportive or condemning them both make me uneasy. Thus I'll tend not to care.

• I don't hate transgenders. It is their body and they have the right to do whatever they want with it. It doesn't mean i would date them though...

Being transgendered is no reason to bully them, and i for one have nothing against them.

• I don't hate transgendered people. What I do hate are arrogant cunts who base their entire identity on one thing and then rub it in your face because you're part of the evil and oppressive majority.
    Of course, this is coming from someone whose entire shtick is that he's British.

• It's good that you don't hate them.

• Hate is a strong word. I just don't like the idea , because it's lying. If are born as a male becoming a female is lying about who you are. For example, I'm born as an African American male. Lets say because of racial discrimination I can't get into a certain job. I get a surgery that turns me into a white male. I get that job fine. That is lying. Regardless of surgery you give me I will still be an African American underneath that skin.

• Yeah, but you wouldn't bully them, right?

• That would be surprise, surprise for the guy who is about to have sex with a transgender. LOL

• I would tell them if I trust them.

• I don't like it or agree with it in any way, but that is no reason or excuse to harass or bully someone. If anything, as a Christian, I would probably do everything I could to show them how much I care, and how special they are already, etc.

• So? Should I feel bad for them since they took their own life I didn't kill them nobody on G@G killed them. This goes for everyone in the LGBT like I said in the other post regarding these... people I will not be bullied into accepting a lifestyle that I don't agree with at the end of the day you will still be gay and I straight.

Where are you OP when gays are bullying straight people using the victim card every time they fuck up.

• I didn't say that you needed to accept it. Wow.

• And straight people don't get bullied. :)

• I have nothing against them. My friend's Dad is transgender. I have nothing against that. Their life, their decisions. But when people judge and bully that's just wrong. They are people too. They shouldn't be treated any differently.

• I don't hate them, but as far as im am concerned, if you are born a man and have surgery you are still a man and the same for a woman

• Of course you are. The surgery is probably had to satisfy their desire to be the opposite gender.

• Because people are assholes.

• I just don't like it. It's really odd. You hook up with somebody you don't know if they're a man or woman til the last minute. Had that happen a few times

• I'm sure most would tell you.

• Not the ones I came into contact with so that's why I don't care much for them.

• Some people commit suicide because they are anti-social. I don't hear any of you nutjobs worry about them.

• Well, being antisocial means they disregard the rules of society and the general courtesies of social relations, right? The type of people who punch you in the face because they don't like your shirt color.

• No... you said anti-social people do it too. They don't. Besides, why are you so mad?

• Yeah, no idea about this guy.

• The rich australian who visited Bangkok in search of good fun would surely disagree with you.

• I don't like them but doesn't mean I want to kill them, tease them, bully them...

• Morons are morons.

• Everything in life is a choice. It is not natural, it is not normal, never has been, never will be. You are born with boy parts, or born with girl parts and nothing can change that, you are what you are. You want to know what transgenders don't remove their "parts"? - because it would defeat the purpose for why they think they are transgender - they won't be able to fulfill their lusts, the addiction for particular devious sexual feelings. I have personally never ever met a transgender that was not consumed with lust. Like a 14 year old horny teenage boy, they can never get their minds off the act of sex.

Here is the kicker - you ever met a transgender that has NOT hit puberty? you won't find one. The only supposed transgenders under age is because their parents created the environment to allow the kid to say and think and act in foolish kid ways, and sometimes that ends up as mommy letting little billy dress like a little sally, but for what end? But back to my point, 99.99% (real) transgenders have to go through puberty, for sexual experience is what grounds their reasons for pursuing sexual modification. Very, very rarely will any trans actually castrate themselves. usually those that do are older anyhow.. and essentially become eunuch.

Parents of these children are really holistically to blame, for allowing an environment that finds that this is acceptable. The kid grows up thinking that it is not wrong, but right, and usually nothing is wrong when it comes to what you 'want'. There is nothing new under the sun it has been said.. in the past there have been homosexuals, cross dressers (aka man-whores from the ancient days), and etc... and each time there is not a "secret populace" that tries to hide they are gay or trans, it is the fact that the societal norms allow that thinking, and eventually people give in to those thoughts, and run headlong into that way of life.

And say what you want. There has never been a city to survive more than 2 generations after embracing both LGBT, and bestiality.

And further more.. mark my words, Bestiality comes on the heels of the sexual deviation in homosexuality, so whether you give reason to anything I say above, it does not matter, just remember that within 50 years, or even 25 years you will see it increasingly socially acceptable to mate with or marry your pets, even it might become legal... I doubt that , the nation would be a cesspool at that point, ripe for an easy invasion... just like all history past

• There are transsexuals who haven't hit puberty. And please stop using the "unnatural" argument because nearly everything that we invented is unnatural. Also, wanting to change genders have nothing to do with beastiality, that has nothing to do with it. Seriously, they did nothing to you, and you're allowing yourself to be offended by them. What you're saying as that we should bully them? Nobody deserves to be bullied to the point of suicide, that's almost as bad as shooting them yourself. I hope not, but you're allowed to have an opinion.

• So what if it is a choice? I don't agree with that, but people have free will, and can do as they wish.

• ... well to an extent this will always be true, Free will is free will, it is a beautiful thing the choice to do right - which leaves the choice to do wrong the same- but the ramifications for such actions are so immense that nations are fundamentally changed, some are destroyed, some are made weak. Just because people can do something, does not mean they should... in this case what we are seeing are the flood gates opened wide, and washing away the foundation of the nation on all fronts, from traditional values, to moral standards, to fundamental human definitions. Since when did it change that have we chose to be obsessed with a transvestites ability to drill another in the ass-hole or grow "boobs"? (sorry... but yea might as well not beat around the bush..) - rather than freeing captives in religiously oppressive countries? Personally.. it seems that more and more people are inundating themselves with entertainment and lusts and pleasures leaving the need for the want.

• People commit suicide for a plethora or reasons. No one seems to care about the thousands that take their lives because of homelessness, financial burden or other reasons. People do not transgendered people but they are sick of getting it shoved down their throats. Even if you respect the person as a human but you just don't agree with the lifestyle you get called names. I mean the same thing that people are complaining is happening to transgender, being bullied and ridiculed, is the same thing those same people who do not share their same views. I am personally over it. I respect people regardless of view point I expect the same. I have gay friends whom I have great relationships with but we respect each other. I wish people would stop trying to shove their views down others throats and trying to make others accept their views as fact or right. And this goes both way.

• I didn't say that you couldn't be against it. I just thought it was wrong that they're being bullied for it. There's a difference between sharing your views and being a bully.

• Two users on here once argued with me at length and in full seriousness that I was a bigot for not being sexually attracted to transsexuals.

You can't bully someone into being attracted to someone they aren't attracted to. You can't shame me into pretending a transgender man is, in fact, a woman. I view it as a psychological disorder comparable to body integrity identity disorder (where someone is really really convinced that they're supposed to be an amputee). We don't treat BIID sufferers by lopping off a perfectly healthy appendage and, if they're in the public eye in any way, putting them on a pedestal and shaming anyone who doesn't stand in line to blow smoke up their ass; it'd be disingenuous and unethical... but if we're dealing with a sufferer of gender dysphoria, we do.

• @khaskins you don't have to be attracted to them, seriously. But you don't have to bully them for being transgender.

What Girls Said 15

• Some people just feel uncomfortable or threatened by things they don't understand. In my opinion, the topic of being transgender is still rather "taboo" in our society in the sense that, it's different and still not very common so some people don't know how to react or behave when they are around someone who is openly transitioning. I feel like this is how it used to be regarding homosexual people. Of course, there are still people who react negatively when they find out someone is homosexual, but it seems to be a LOT more extreme regarding transgender/transexual people. Unfortunately, some people just don't know how to handle it when they see something they disagree with.

• I don't care about transgenders. intersex people existed even 2500 years ago the Greeks have records of it that a group of Scythians were males with breasts or females with male genital.

they know where they are themselves it's completely biological and there is no confusion between their community or about it.
    other kinds of transgender now is another topic with the mainly psychological problems of many of the people who identify as them. The hormonal problems is one thing the psychological problems is another.

a 65 year old man living his life as a straight man who married three times and has 6 children suddenly identifies himself as a transgender and says call me Caitlyn. If he was very confused and in struggle with his male side he could at least avoid making six children. of course this is not going to be encouraged by anyone in the society. the most people can give an individual like this is carelessness about his choice, not calling him "her" and consider him a woman like they consider they mothers and sisters.

this is demanding too much from the society, to change their whole idea about sexes for a tiny minority who want to be identified as a person of the other sex. nobody is obliged to change their view on a biological reality called 'female' for a group who struggle in between male and female. They won't ever going be considered what they wish to be considered by everyone in the society.

and in the whole the most we can give them is respecting their choices and struggles as human beings alike any other human beings who struggle in many other forms.

• Oh they are just trolls... on YouTube i'm seeing people trolling others and causing arguments all over the internet over the fact that Will Smiths son wore a dress or that other thing... whatever it was about, i don't really care to know because i love everyone as long as they get on with me, they are just trolls saying these thing to put you into a firey rage to then argue with them so they can get load of thumbs up or mentions or whatever, makes them feel all "special" lol, they do it every time... just jump on the next bang wagon then blow it out of proportion to troll others, so id ignore it, if you get on with anyone as long as they get on with you too then that's all that matters.

• And they are just stupid.

• yup it's always stupid lol it's why they do it for a laugh but it's not really funny...

• Yeah, true.

• Some people dislike transgender individuals because they don't understand them (common for many topics), or they feel like their personal beliefs are being challenged/attacked.

• People like to think world is dual: Evil vs Good, Right vs Wrong, Sane vs Mad, Moral vs Immoral... And then they like to think they are all that's right with this world.
    That's why they do it: lack of compassion combined with stupidity.
    Some people have compassion, some have smarts, some have both. But some have neither and they will attack out of hatred for "evil things".

• Yeah wondering why the American school authorities dont stick up for the bullied? The teachers are just as fucked up as the bullies.

• They really are. Agreed

• Right! Teachers be like:
      "Just ignore him, don't raise your voice or hands and he'll go away"
      Not if his jokes are funny and not if he gives zero fucks

• Normally the people who do that are very ignorant and closed minded.

• I agree, some people who I previously thought to be decent human beings spewing so much hatred towards these people for no apparent reason. Changed my opinion of a lot of people.

I guess people just automatically hate anything they can't understand, the only way they deal with this confusion is by expressing outright negativity with no regard for the person's feelings. Just sickening.

• Because transgenders believe that what they feel like inside is what depicts their gender. If they feel like they have a too much of a feminine personality to be a male they change to female, if they feel their personality is too masculine to be a female they change to female. No, it's not like that, you are what you're born as, why do they think that changing their exterior is the solution, it means they care more about how others see them so it's more of a thing people do to please others in my opinion.

• Yeah, I guess gender roll comes into play too.

• Because it challenges their beliefs, and they can't defend their own ideas.

• So they get mad

• They aren't lying, cuz gender is much more than genitals. (:

• Yes they get upset, they don't understand that gender identity goes beyond your assigned gender, it has to do with the way you feel.

• People fear what they don't understand.

• Yep, that's what it comes down to.

• Personally , I don't support transgenders unless it was for medical purposes. Otherwise , it just doesn't sound right to me , but of course , I will never ever disrespect anyone no matter what !! If they have done nothing wrong to me , then I shouldn't be treating them in a rude way whatsoever

• Because those people are afraid of things "changing" and retaliate accordingly.

• Because it's abnormal

• Ok but you don't have to bully them. Plus people tend to hate things that are "abnormal" in their eyes

• Exactly what @Neko_Chan said