Girls, I gained 5 pounds on my period. Is that normal?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes don't worry about your weight so much, girls hormones are always fluctuating even when they aren't on their period, i've found some weeks i am bigger then other weeks i'm a bit thinner, like this week i feel thinner but the past couple of months i've felt more bigger even off my period, it's just what happens to us, it's all water weight, sometimes we develop more water weight.

• Omg I know me too
      I feel so big
      I'm 126 right now and I'm always 121
      But then it randomly goes away wtf

• Yeh it's just water weight as i said, my mum has always had a lot of problems with fluid on her body since she had me and my brother, especially on her belly, for me when i balloon up it's goes on my belly, waist, butt and top of the legs, i feel lighter all of a sudden thisweek for some reason lol i even feel better too.

What Girls Said 19

• I've never gained that much in a single period, but everyone is different.

Track how much weight you gain next month. If it's also five lbs, then this is most likely totally normal for you.

• Ugh, yes. 5 might be a little on the high end of what's normal, but it's still normal. I'm pretty sure it's water weight, and it's nothing to worry about. I gain 3 pounds every period, and I'm always right back to normal by the time it's over.

• Completely normal. It's more than likely just bloating and water weight. You should see your weight drop after your period.

• Yes its water weight. You will lose the 5 pounds once your period is over.

• I don't think it is.

• It's just bloating hun. No worries, it should go back down.

• I've gained 10 pounds before so Im guessing it is.

• Did you eat a lot? :)

• its normal to fluctuate that much on a normal day. i usually lose weight on my period but everyone is different

• super normal !!! don't even worry for a moment. happens to women all the time

• It's normal to fluctuate that much during a single day, even.

• Most likely just water weight.

• No...
    I usually lose weight on my period

• Yes it's completely normal. I also look sightly bigger when i'm on my period. And I hate it lol

• Me too!!! Puffy in the face too

• Yes its fine... my boobs get bigger for mine

• it's probably water weight

• Yep, your hormones are out of whack

• Believe me it's normal I gained 5 lbs too but I lost 2 lbs thanks to my diet plan

• Yes you normally fluctuate