Girls, does my 19 yr sister need the two years of physics for medical school?

She finished all the other pre-requisites but she refuses to do physics. Does she have to?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• she doesn't have to but it's extremely recommend she take physics. organic chemistry would be fantastic too. i'm planning on going to med school and am taking both as well as a biomed course at my school

What Girls Said 12

• Some medical schools require 1 semester but I'm pretty sure that most Med schools require a full year. Plus the MCAT has changed and I'm sure both semesters of physics will pop up on it. First semester are the easy calculations.
    To add, I just graduated college and a lot of my peers that got into Med school took both semesters of physics with me.
    I took physics and a lot of second semester stuff I'm sure will affect your sister in the future if she hasn't taken it.

• Check with her University. They maybe able to answer you properly than all of us here can.

• Most med school require physics. Too bad. Physics suck, really. I hated it. That's why I didn't go to med school.

• What does the med school requirements say? If she can't even figure that out on her own, I fear she won't make it a day in med school...

• Obviously she does.

• She needs to do physics. Introductory physics is enough but she does need that knowledge. If she's writing the MCAT, then she definitely needs it and most med schools require a physics prereq as well.

• It just depends on what school she is in. You have to go to the counselors at the school in the department she is studying and ask what she needs to take.
    We can't really help you on GAG.

• I hate physics, I just done a test on it. Although Biology and Chemistry is highly recommended to get into it, I do believe Physics is also required. If she finished all her units, can't she just go into it? If not, she should do physics.

• It probably depends on what school. Most likely she will have to.

• She needs one year of physics

• Why is tip mad at you? lmao

• Would depend on location. Ask her college or school

• yeah she does.