Is it normal to feel like you don't have anything to talk about with your older coworkers?

I'm in my mid-twenties but they're all my parents' ages. I feel comfortable around them & like them, but I don't know how to reach common ground with them for some reason.

Is it normal to feel this way?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the same sittuation right now, and I feel like I have more parent or uncle. lol.
    I just be polite to them and smile and nood a lot. lol sometimes they have inside jokes that I don't understand. but thank god that my music taste is quiet old so that's the thing I usually talk about

What Guys Said 2

• talk about their kids or something like that, I was the youngest person at my old job and most of my coworkers were 40+ but I still managed to have a good time

• Its normal to feel like that... the age gap will always create some awkwardness...
    It halogens to me too... sometimes

What Girls Said 1

• Its normal. I also feel the same with my coworkers. We all have different interests and they're all married and have children's so I only talk to them when they talk to me