Am I the only girl who doesn't wear makeup to the gym?

Do you wear makeup to the gym? The other day I saw a lot of girls at my gym wearing a full face of makeup even one was wearing falsies.. I'm not trying to judge but I don't get it your gonna sweat it all off and your gonna look worse going out then when u came in.. So what's the point on having so much on
im just curious...

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 10

• I wouldn't imagine it would feel nice working out at the gym with make up on. I mean when the sweat mixes with the make up. How old where these girls, like school girls, university age or did they look like they may have just come from work to the gym? I would imagine wearing make up at the gym would be annoying to be honest.

• I agree. Women wearing makeup at the gym is so pointless! Luckily at my gym there aren't any makeup wearing women! :-P

• You are just going to sweat it off if you actually take working out seriously. Seems like a waste of time. Although I think makeup is a waste of time in general.

• I think so most women I see do

• U r right I see girls at the gym with make up and when they sweat it looks bad so it's better for girls to go without make up

• That's good that you don't; keep it that way because it's better

• you probably go to a chain commerical gym. But I imagine these girls are at the gym for a different reason than you are. Attract guys who aren't half drunk.

• They're probably not there to workout...

• I wish women would throw out their make up in general. Especially foundation. Yuck!

• I think it has to do with girls always wanting to look pretty cause a cute guy might come along.

What Girls Said 13

• No! When I go to the gym, I never wear makeup, I usually put my hair up into a bun or a ponytail and wear lululemon or a sports bra and yoga pants.
    Wearing makeup while working out is super bad! You sweat over the makeup and it causes acne, so we're doing the right thing ^^

• i don't go to the gym but what's the point of wearing makeup when you're gonna workout and sweat? i don't get it too

• Lol no. So it it can run into my eye and burn me? No thanks. I seldom wear makeup OUTSIDE of the gym.

• If I go to the gym afte a day of doing something and I had worn makeup that day, yes. If I just woke up and hit the gym, no.

• Interesting thanks for being honest

• What the fuck? That's just crazy to me. They probably just go to take selfies and stuff. I shouldn't be talking, though because I don't even go to the gym or workout xD

• Lol yeah probably about the selfie thing

• They could be coming from work, when I used to go to the gym I wore makeup because I had just got off of work and didn't really have a choice but other times I only wore mascara and lip gloss.

• nope! I don't wear makeup to the gym either

• Lol I thought I was the only one

• aha i think those girls focus more on their appearance then actually working out haha

• No, the girls who ear makeup to the gym do it to impress guys

• Ahh makes sense

• There are exceptions — like women who go to the gym straight from work etc..

• If I do have makeup at the gym on, it's because I came there after a day of classes or something.
    That could be the case for other girls as well.

• https://youtu.be/YoSaKIk_OO0

Nooo I dont. Never wore make up to the gym then again I dont really wear make up at all.

• That, i have absolutely no idea why girls to that.

• I head to the gym after work, so I don't bother taking it off before running, hitting the weights, etc. I don't wear a lot of make up anyway, just eyeliner, some foundation powder, and chaptsick. I've gone without make-up on the weekends though, and it's made no difference with or without. My eyeliner doesn't come off easily, I'd need remover to get it off. Which I don't carry around with me.

But anyway, that's why. It's definitely not for attention, I mean I have my headphones in pretty much the whole time and just go, get my work out in, and leave.

Can't control how other people see it, but yeah. I don't care too much. Personally, I barely notice what other people are wearing or doing, I'm just focused on what I'm doing and my goals for that session.