I don't like who I am. How do I change?

I've been a terrible girlfriend, friend, mom, daughter and everything else lately. I cheated on my boyfriend. Not physically, but was flirting with a guy a lot at work and my boyfriend is so hurt by it and I feel awful. I keep getting angry with my one year old son. (I would never hurt him. But I have yelled at him and haven't been spending as much quality time) I've been so lazy. I don't have the ambition to get up and do things. I spend most my day sitting on the couch. I've been avoiding hanging out with everyone. I have a serious problem with needing to be in control of every situation. And I want to change and be a better person and I have no idea where to start or how. And im terrified that I am just this horrible person and can't change it even if I want to..

Most Helpful Guy

• Well half the battle is over because you are aware of what is going on... now all you have to do is try to think before you act. This is tougher than it sounds. But step by step it will become easier. Be ruled by your mind not your emotions (most of the time). But when you make a mistake do not beat yourself up. One must try for perfection knowing it is unattainable. Oh and get the hell off that couch.

What Guys Said 2

• It all depends on what behavior you allow yourself to exhibit. To change, you need to do things differently. For example, don't yell at your 1 year old kid. It has barely any idea what it's doing, and yelling won't fix that.

• Start with finding a different way to express your frustration when you get into a fight with your son. Yelling at the child is no good, maybe he'll listen now because you're all scary, but in the future, he'll fight back.

What Girls Said 0